What's your last delivery where you were really excited??

2010 Rousseau Chambertin and Clos de Beze. I cradled them in my arms like new born babies and fantasized about the incredible experience I will be having in 30 years.

anything from Chambers Street.

Should be perfect with crab! And I’m happy the whole transfer process from Domaine Edison to Domaine Chicago worked out w/o any probs.

BTW, I got a look at the Domaine Edison NJ setup. Wow. Giant, giant warehouse, all perfectly cooled, a bazillion cases of wine stacked on shelves, shelving going up 50 feet, pallets stacked with wine, etc. Fantastic…

Other than my Son ('79),Daughter('81),Daughter (85), Grandson ('99) & Granddaughter
( 2013) ;
2012 Aubert Chards !! champagne.gif

I look forward to every Bedrock. His style isn’t “locked and loaded” like some others. Same old, same old vintage after vintage. He mixes it up and I like that. Some are home runs, others are bunt singles, but they make you think and ponder what you’re drinking.

Most excited is probably reserved for absentee auction purchases, where any bottles broken in transit won’t get refunded - the excitement driven by nervousness or fear!

Last purchase that I had genuine anticipation for, was an eclectic and not especially pricey dozen that came from Italy. This being driven by unusual wines, or just wines never seen here. I guess I never get truly excited, as bottles just go straight into the wine fridge. It is awfully rare I drink a wine within a year of purchase.

Regards
Ian

Large pie with real anchovies

Two bottles of 1850 D’Oliveiras Family Reserve Verdelho, bottled 50 or so years ago for the D’Oliveiras Family. I seldom get excited about wine deliveries, but I am about these.

Today. Mixed case of Ceritas (equal parts PN and Chardonnay). Before that, it was probably Liquid Farm. Before that, probably Down to Earth Wines Germany and France. I could go on (Rhys. Did I mention Rhys?). I guess I get really excited to take delivery of new wine for some reason, and I have been getting deliveries several times per week for a while now.

The last one I got excited about was a Magnum of 1996 Krug. Lovely looking bottle

Last delivery was from my wife…

Little girl came out 5 lbs 14 months ago…

Seriously, it was the 66 La Gaffeliere and 67 Montrose

A box of Saxum mags; three in the same box.

Well, I’m virtually never excited about a wine delivery, the reason being that I don’t get to see the bottles. All my wine deliveries go to my offsite storage, so the totality of the event is that I get an email that the wine has been received. I dutifully update CellarTracker to reflect the delivery – and then go on with my day.

At this point, I have never seen at least 95% of the wines I own.

Ben

I had an unusual experience today. Something I ordered less than a month ago from Premier Cru is in and available to be shipped (Lafon Volnay Santenots 2007). Even though it has not been delivered, this shocking news was cause for excitement. Of course it is also exciting that I have some Dublere Corton Charlemagne sitting in my office from a shipment received today.

A mixed case from Chambers Street just arrived. Mostly inexpensive sparklers from Jura, Loire, and Bourgogne, and a few random bottles of Cotes de Provence, Jurancon, and (suspect) '67 Barolo. Life is a festival of learning.
champagne.gif

A case ans a half of Carlisle today :slight_smile:

I am really looking forward to get my Giuseppe rinaldi barolo 2010 alocation,in a month time.
And to try it in 20-30 years. [cheers.gif]

1984 Montelena Estate Cab for my wife’s upcoming 30th bday. . . she will be very excited about it.

Today.

Coravin is on my doorstep right now.