What's your last delivery where you were really excited??

A few D’Oliveira Madeiras, 1800’s and early 1900’s, with a couple of Giacomo Conterno’s Baroli.

2010 Maison Ilan corbeaux :smiley:

Mixed case of Levet Cote Rotie, '04-'09, plus mags, and some 04 and 07 Faurie Hermitage. I was cracking them like cray!

You don’t have that yet. Come on stop bllshittng.
BTW, Howard Cooper got mine. I bought the 2010 Denis Bachelet Corbeaux instead

Great point about storage pulls. If a person not only buys it, but thinks well enough about it to put in storage, it’s almost always exciting when they come back home! Unless (hypothetically of course, it’s never happened to me) a person forgets about some stuff, and pulls them back after they’ve left their prime drinking window. Then it’s more of a “fingers’ crossed” kind of exercise!

All of my purchases from the USA get consolidated in Domaine Chicago and then shipped to PR twice a year. Every time I get a pallet from Domaine Chicago it feels like Christmas Eve…

The 3 mags of 1970 Fonseca Vintage Port and the 2 cases of mixed 01 sauternes.

My Son, 10/17/88

Oops, my Grand-Daughter 12/22/13

The ones where the box comes and I can see who sent it and I have no idea what’s in the box. None.

Got some Boillot ‘Chambertin’ 2012 in mags coming in a few weeks, looking forward to that!!

That’s got to be the coolest! A whole palette!

2 bottles each of '64 and '67 original Borgogno Barolo riserva. All the bottles are standing upright just waiting to be consumed.

Anything from PC. It’s the thrill that it’s actually coming.

Yesterday; mixed case of Italian reds: 2010 Il Carbonaione; Bruno Rocca Barbarescos; Maestro Raro; Sephi . . .

Me too. What a coincidence.

Suzanne - wouldn’t you get excited to try a red burgundy …*that waited for the 39 month long élévage. Can’t wait!! * ?

I would… pileon and will most probably do a match-tasting by pairing it with D.Bachelet.

Probably my 2012 Willi Schaefers. I am still haunted by the #14 Auslese…

I’ve gotten a bunch of other deliveries over the last few months but that’s one that stands out in my memory for the kid in a candy store feeling as I opened the box from Chambers St.

Pallet = Thing on which boxes of wine are shipped
Palate = Thing in your mouth
Poulet = Thing that is tasty
Palette = Thing that artists use to hold dabs of paint, while they’re making art.

Peter, I wasn’t joking. They look great. I’m going to grab some crab soon and pop the Rougeot.

Suzanne,

I grabbed some of the 01/02 Riche and went back for the 98 but you grabbed them !

Robert:

It is cool…
20140225_165059.jpg