What's on the "No Fly" List

Pretty much any wine that is rockin, smokin, smooth, has gobs, leaps or jumps. [berserker.gif]

Sounds like you need a new boat.

O’Shaughnessey

I thoroughly enjoyed a 2013 Rombauer chardonnay last night.

If you have any Velvet Glove to sell for a good price, please PM me.

I have to agree that Meiomi pinot noir has no redeeming value to me. And if you like it, I may pass judgement upon you.

Well, typically when someone deals with me, they get the picture pretty quickly, so I don’t think you have to guess… [cheers.gif] . But one funny thing: when I saw the original thread title, I thought, “Oh no, now the airlines are going start restricting which wines you can fly with?!” Seriously. I guess Dartmouth’s move was too fresh in my mind.

Time for me to do some shopping! [thumbs-up.gif]

I probably could use a new boat. Mine is a bit old. But I can also say that you need a new set taste buds!I think every wine that has been mentioned has some people that are advocates. I gave KB 4 shots.

My post was tongue in cheek. I have no particularly strong feelings about KB one way or the other.

Corey, not clear before, understood now.

I had the same thought as well. Was starting to be worried I couldn’t fly wines home to PA to enjoy with my Father-in-law :slight_smile:

Opus One. It falls into the Silver Oak category, not a bad wine in prior vintages but way overpriced. I just drank my last bottle but wouldn’t purchase anymore for more than $50.

Cakebread

Wines that have loads of sugar and zero acidity to back them up. Talk about a goopy train wreck.

[barf.gif]

image.jpg

Apothic Red

+1.

I was out of town on business this week and business partners decided for all of us to go to a high end steakhouse. Apothic was $50 a bottle.

[rofl.gif]

How about any wine with 20,000 or greater case production and a price tag larger then most car payments

For example?

Dom Perignon? But I like Dom Perignon and it’s fairly priced.

First growth Bordeaux? If one changes it to 10,000 cases, Bingo. $500 in an off vintage for mediocre and ubiquitous Cabernet.

I believe Rombauer chard comes from Ceja fruit. Try a Rombauer chard next to a Ceja chard from the same vintage. Exact same fruit. Anyone on this board prefer the Rombauer? Anyone? [cricket chirp]

I really like the Ceja Napa Auction Premiere Pinot and the lady in charge so I’m biased.

Oh yeah? See 1:32 to 2:12 “This is why you’re not Asian” LOL: