What's Everyone Drinking Tonight?

Last night a slightly disappointing 2005 Dom.Michel Lafarge Bourgone Passetoutgrain ‘L’Exception’ and a young, but enjoyable, 1994 Fonseca Port.

Tonight something Italian or Cal-Ital to go with mushroom sauce on pasta.

Tonight we are going to an open house at JC Cellars so we’ll be testing out some new release stuff.

We have an unwritten 3 pint rule on Pliney. Just see what happens at four. [drinkers.gif]

I don’t want to find out. Sounds like my “two martini” rule, I love the things, but they just slay me.

That’s good, because my wife doesn’t.

Little James Basket Press. It’s not very good, the finish is bitter/nasty…

They make it from the dregs of kegs of cheap Aussie shiraz , so you will be fine.

Cracked an 05 Ride Chard home Ranch. Not sure yet if i like this style. If not, look for the other 5 bottles on a cc near you

You manly man you…

OUCH!!!

That looks like a tequila hangover…

I’m getting ready to pop some new Kutch . May be too soon but I can’t wait [cheers.gif]

05 AP Vin Keefer… man I love Keefer fruit!

[1928_middle_finger.gif] [shrug.gif]

Bromance…

WTF???

1990 Chave Hermitage Rouge… suffering here at Jeff’s Patio, Bar and Grill…

Time difference throws me off. Just came from a 4-hour business lunch with a nice 2006 Domaine du Colombier Côte du Rhône Blanc with starters of escargots á la borguignonne and terrine of foie gras. Thereafter, cassoulet with a 2001 Domaine Daniel Rion Clos Vougeot. Not regional pairings, but good enough.

2006 Denner - Dirt Worshipper … some damn good juice. sadly, i believe Denner’s going to be the next “thing” from Paso to blow-up.

2001 Collosorbo brunello - with a friend who gifted me the bottle years ago. Hopefully will give insight into when to drink some of the big guns I have waiting in the collection - Fanti, Casanova di Neri, etc.