What wines do you wish you bought while you were younger?

None. I don’t like old wine.

Ah yes, the usual bullshit

It Beukerizes prematurely.

I will happily Buekerize any Donnhoff you don’t want. If you think it’s shit then send it to me.

JL Chave Hermitage

Don’t hate my unsophisticated selections: I am actually sitting (physically) on top of an empty box of 1998 Penfolds 707 Cab Sauv.

Wish I had some. I still very much enjoy Penfolds St Henri Shiraz 2006 and before, and Chateau LaNerthe 2001 CdP. Oh, and Beaucastel. And more 1977 Port. Maybe Mas d’en Compte, Red or White, or…

I wish I had jumped on the Bedrock list and Bought Wines! I followed MTP’s blog, back when he was all about the Rebecca’s Vineyard Pinot project.

I wish I had actually Bought Wines when I received the Carlisle letter in the mail in 2007 (?).

Wines that I was afraid to buy because they were supposed to take 30 years to mature and I could not see that far in advance.

Barolos
Vintage Champagne

61 Latour on release
(birth year) neener

1988 Krug
1981 Unico
1975 Martha’s
Rousseau

Monte Real for sure. Also German rieslings!

I wish I had bought more 1978, 1985, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993 and 1996 Burgundy. I bought these, but not in sufficient quantities so that my stash is mostly gone (except for the 1996s) and I don’t have enough older Burgs. Don’t have this issue as much going forward (esp with 2005s and 2010s), but it has me drinking 1999s, 2001s and 2002s a bit too young.

I wish I had bought more Ridge Montebello. Same issue, bought some, drank them and now what I have are too young for the most part.

I wish I had bought more 1996 and 2005 Bordeaux. These are vintages that tend to have good acidity and are really well balanced. Very much my styles of vintages.

Ditto on Chave. Also, Krug/Selosse, but mostly LMHB. Incidentally, entry price would’ve been a bonus, despite the caveat in the OP.

Bordeaux, Burgundy, Vintage Port and Chateauneuf du Pape. The fact that I will be too old to enjoy certain vintages has stopped me from buying newer Ports including the amazing 2011 vintage. And aged quality French wine is expensive, often times beyond my means.

Red and White Burgundy, Alsace rieslings, which I did buy then in satisfying numbers.

Barolo/Barbaresco, Hermitage…which I did buy but not enough, especially Chave before 1990.

No regrets…as I guess I “knew” what I was doing for my goals even in my 30s…and acted accordingly.

Stuff that needs but is hard to find with age… Trimbach, Huet Sec, Vatan, Castillo Ygay or LRA 890, Chablis, Cornas.

1982 Bordeaux Futures I am guessing for anyone over 50 -

The last great bargain vintage for futures - $400-$450 a case for 1st Growths, 2nd growths were a third of that - Pichon Lalande was $99 a case -

Should I go on?

Started seriously collecting 2003, should have snatched the many first Growths from the good but not hyped vintages that were still under $100. That seemed so expensive at the time. If I had only known where prices were going to go, I could have bought a case and then sold just a few bottles down the line to cover the entire cost.

I wish I had bought more Barolo and Northern Rhones, and I also wish I hadn’t committed infanticide with all the bottles I did buy.

All of them. Personally, my bigger regret are the wines that I bought but did not save, at least a bottle or two, for the long haul.