What wines do you plan on opening on New Years Eve?

Good point. I think during dinner prep starting in a few minutes I may go with a 2018 Bell’s Two Hearted.

2005 Alban Reva, 2007 Saxum Heart Stone, 2008 Cayuse En Cerise

Enjoy, Happy New Year!

2006 Quilceda Creek

Just had this from magnum and it was fantastic!

Treat yourself, Nola, you deserve it [cheers.gif]

I would go with the Sebastiani myself since it is not likely to get any better/more likely to decline from here, whereas the Cantenac will at least hold for a few more years.

2008 Congruence Cab and 2009 Carlisle Cardiac Hill here with leftover prime rib.

Happy New Year to all! champagne.gif

For a small dinner with people who like wine but aren’t wine geeks - duck as main course

1996 Krug

2001 Dujac Echezeaux

1998 Jadot Clos St. Denis

It was nice [cheers.gif]

Drinking tonight and on thru tomorrow…

Chartogne-Taillet Cuvée Sainte-Anne Main Harvest 2011, disgorged Septermber 2014

René Collard Champagne Cuvée Ultime 100 % Pinot Meunier. Extra Brut but drinks more like a Brut due to fruit ripeness. I believe this is all 1995 fruit.

My friend ‘Shorty’ (originally from northern Mexico) made me beef cilantro burritos. My sister (ango saxon irish american heinz-57) had also made me beef burritos. So tonight was Mexico versus NYC: Battle of the Burritos.

Sarah had used a greasier type tortilla and no cilantro…so hers was great as ‘Champagne food’…since greasy fried stuff works so well.

Shorty used a different more doughy and lard type brand and he added super finely minced cilantro the beef, The cilantro really worked with the rose hip notes in the Chartogne-Taillet…really nice pairing.

The René Collard, because of its age and in this case, less than stellar storage, really wanted to be solo at this point. The Chartogne-Taillet loved both burritos…but prehaps liked Shorty’s a tad better becuase of the cilantro…although the greasiness of Sarah’s might be hard to beat.

I have no idea what I am eating…just depends how I feel tmorrow :wink: