What wines do you plan on opening on New Years Eve?

That’s our plan as well. Too much work travel in December plus a holiday trip has wiped out my immune system, then we had sick kids at the family Xmas. Our household will be celebrating by popping a fresh box of Kleenex.

Get better!

2000 Egon Muller Auction Spatlese and 2012 Cecile Tremblay Les Beaumonts.

Not totally sure yet, but it better be good as we start 1-2 months of a ketogenic diet starting on January 1. Considering a '73 Dom and perhaps a bottle of '86 Rausan Segla, which has been showing beautifully.

We have a ‘pot luck’ sparkling tasting, this year at a friend’s house.

We tie string and a balloon to each bottle, then set them to sink/float in the pool with the strings intermingling so we don’t know which string goes to which bottle.

When it’s time for a new bottle, whoever pulls the string has to drink the first glass, so we include some Cook’s and Riunite as spoilers. [diablo.gif]

We are taking a Bollinger Gran Annee 1979, a 1992 Dom, a new release Moet “Imperial” for comparison, a couple of Ultramarines, and a mystery <10 dollar Champagne from Trader Joe’s left over from New Year’s Eve 1988 that we’ve kept around for no particular reason.

The temperature is looking good, we had to chip away an ice film on the pool this past weekend.

I’m dipping “Litl Smokies” in cornbread batter and baking mini corn dogs champagne.gif as one snack, some cliche bacon wrapped scallops, and a batch of pine needle cooked mussels.

The Lark was a very high end restaurant for 20 plus years. Each rack came with a numbered card.

Best rack I ever tasted - google it a website has the recipe. http://hopfood.com/rack-of-lamb-genghis-khan/

On the menu for today and tomorrow:

2012 Mousse Champagne Terre D’Illite Extra Brut Blanc de Noirs
2016 Cedric Bouchard Champagne Roses de Jeanne Cote de Val Vilaine
2016 Donnhoff Kahlenberg Riesling Trocken
2014 Arnot-Roberts Santa Cruz Mountains Trout Gulch Chardonnay
2016 Arianna Occhipinti Terre Siciliane Il Frappato

Sparkling sake with sushi.

90 DP
14 Ramonet Caillerets
82 Guigal La Landonne (85 as back up)
03 Rieussec

Based on the history of the dish, shouldn’t it actually be mutton?

Nice!

I have a '74 Lafleur Petrus, and, as a back-up, a 2000 Tertre, to go with some lamb (hold the Ghenghis Khan). But as we are travelling today, our NYE may be tomorrow night or even Wed., as we are also recovering from our NYC revels.

LOL, mutton doesn’t sell at a high end restaurant.

Krug 165 eme with the lobster, ‘90 Pegau Laurence with the Flannery filets.

We have a great group of friends with deep cellars coming over to share food and wine, so I stood up the only bottle I have of 1969 DRC Romanee Conti. It came from a cellar that has been variable, producing both complete duds and the 2017 wine of the year for our group (a simply unreal 1961 Trotonoy). The fill is on the lower side of appropriate and the color is bright and clear with obvious bricking. Like the Trotonoy, the label fell off at some point due to the cellar’s high humidity. However it turns out, I figure this might be my only chance to try this legend and I can’t think of people I’d rather take the flier with.

I’m kind of surprised to see the lack of things ending in 8’s and 9’s.

Krug 166eme

2004 Krug

NV Krug Rose

Coche Dury Bourgogne Aligote 2014

2009 Guiseppe Mascarello Monprivato

2012 Schrader RBS

Cheers! champagne.gif

Guinness on tap

Some or all of these depending on company

2013 Hebrart Special Club
2006 Ruinart
1996 Leoville Barton
1996 Grand Puy Lacoste

First, dinner at a local place offering flights and pours of several grower champagnes. Partial Offering
Then home for popcorn and a bottle to ring in the New Year - what will depend on how overboard we go with dinner I suppose.

Keens Steakhouse in NYC has a mutton chop on the menu. I tried it once. Wasn’t exactly my thang.