What was your most disappointing wine of 2010?

All the wines I didn’t get to try, notably the infamous '89 La Mission Haut Brion in New York.

1999 Penfold’s Grange

2006 Rombauer Napa Cabernet. Like drinking a dill pickle.

Mollydooker “The Boxer” 2008 Shiraz

I didn’t know what to expect and that is a place I don’t ever want to return to.

Monte

2000 Domaine Tempier Bandol

I wrote: (Edit) 70 Points

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 - Totally not a fan of this taste profile. Bitter bark, sharp cumin spice, maybe some fruit buried underneath it but I’m not sure. It’s a bit like drinking liquefied rye bread (and I HATE rye bread). Completely unattractive.

(Eric, where is the promised more convenient way to post TNs? [cheers.gif])

You should also add the 89 Angelus in New York, that wine kicked ass.

It was such a slut.

Do you think Brad likes sluts? [oops.gif]

Off the top of my head: 2006 Cayuse Cailloux Syrah(sic?). Not a bad wine but lacking the character, the funk, I’d been expecting and hoping for. Just another big ass New World red to me.

I had a tasteless 1989 Montrose that showed no obvious signs of TCA or heat damage or oxidation. Must’ve just been bottle variation or something…

From what I understand, he like meteors and other shit falling from the sky.

Bob, that La Mission was great. But, there was a '66 Burg that took the night for me. I understand your sentiment, I am so disappointed to miss good wines and good times! [cheers.gif]

That 66 burg was amazing…top 5 burgs of my life…but the thing I love about me is that I know I’ll have better wines down the road. [snort.gif]

Top 5 wines of my life, that one.

[quote=2007 Parducci P Sirah.[/quote]

OK, this is probably no more than a $15 bottle of wine. Assuming it wasn’t horribly corked or something like that, what made this so bad given the price point? Just curious as I normally don’t get upset when wines like this suck.

Some aged CNP I have had recently. I think I paid $30-$50 per. Not worth the money, well stored and in condition but not worth current retail.

Jb

Hahaha, this is how I feel about older Silver Oak. Ack.

Mine would be a 2000 Mauro Sebaste Barolo. Disjointed mess of wine.

What was mine, again, Kimberly?

2003 Swan Trenton Pinot - Too much VA

2000 Chezeaux-Ponsot Griottes Chambertin
A faint whiff of cherry/cranberry on the nose followed by nearly tasteless, somewhat sour liquid sensation on the palate. Reminded me of Trader Joe’s unsweetened cranberry juice diluted with tap water.

David [drinkers.gif]