What to do with $300/$600?

Touché
:joy::joy::joy:

[rofl.gif] You are doing pretty good for being hungover!

What if you just invested it?

Retirement, where I am now, will happen someday and if you played your cards right, like I did, you won’t even be in a position to have to answer this question because no magic money will appear.

Just a thought.

1 Like

I agree with investing it but he asked about wines on a wine forum… not investing

…with an invitation to break it down as we wish.

compound interest on $600 isnt gonna really help him retire that much - but getting into the habit of saving $100 a month WILL.

I dont know abut American prices so please take these as approximate, but personally, a bottle of 2014 or 2012 Pontet Canet, a bottle of 2007 Taittinger Comtes de Champagne Rose, and a bottle of Clos des Papes or Beaucastel to round it out.

1 Like

I just went through this exercise, as my girlfriend gave $600 to spend on wine for my birthday (yeah, I spend that much every couple weeks on wine, but it was a fun little exercise, especially when it’s not my $). After about 10 different permutations, I landed on:

2 Napa Cabernet Sauvignons (Spottswoode and Stewart Nomad Beckstoffer Las Piedras)
2 Bordeaux (Smith Haut Lafite and Pavie Macquin)
2 South African Chenin Blancs (Sadie Family Skerpionen)

2 Likes

[flash=]"Always bet on black" - YouTube

1 Like

Depends. Is this NL Hold 'em or PLO? If PLO, always straddle on the button.

Michael Kane, where you at buddy??

Shoot off a super vague question and then ghost the entire thread?? Come on man…you’re better than that :wink:

1 Like

Haha, he hit the streets with $300 cash and the crack pipe!

I always thought he was an overrated actor anyway.

1 Like

so it’ll be 600/1200 tomorrow, 100000/200000 the next day, then 50/100 the day after.

Buy a case of Two-Buck Chuck, donate $576 to a local food bank, keep one bottle for yourself, and hand out the rest to the food bank volunteers.

1 Like

He has always pronounced his name “My cocaine”

2 Likes

Sunday round, 18th hole, major golf clap!

champagne.gif

2 Likes

If you are asking about wine…Chappellet Pritchard Hill

Investments… Penn National Gaming

Chappellet is the bargain of Pritchard Hill

Penn National Gaming was just added to the S&P 500

champagne.gif champagne.gif champagne.gif

1 Like

Agreed. Golf clap

(Quote from same movie): what would I do if I had $600? I’ll tell ya. Two chicks at the same time, man.

1 Like

If you can have a child yet this year you are up to $4200.

My hour has come!

Hello Nate, what’s happening? Ummm, I’m gonna need you to go ahead repost this tomorrow. So if you could do that around 9 that would be great, mmmk… oh oh! and I almost forgot ahh, I’m also gonna need you to go ahead and repost it on Sunday too, kay.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. This is on my list. Then Dominius…