What SQN did you drink today?

It’s set up on the dining room table. We have a special sculpture of a wine server that is the regular home of the bottles.
No ashes. We come from desert nomads. Put em in the ground.
What? No comment about the Stella on the wall behind.

1 Like

Ugh. You may be right. They arrived when I was in the hospital and my son put them in the cellar. I never opened the boxes.

Hello, Walter. I had a Dark Blossom Grenache a couple of weeks ago that showed beautifully. I’ll have to crack one of the Syrahs soon.

1 Like

I haven’t drank any lately, but for what it’s worth I drank a 2016 Dark Blossom in June of 2020.

Hello Mr Kolin. Hoping all is well for you in Chicago. It’s been a while since I’ve had a Dark Blossom Grenache but it was similarly impressive at the time. As far as JFTLOI being tired, it certainly was a decent bottle of wine but it lacked the nuance of previous bottles—still a ton of fruit but simple in the way that Labels wasn’t. The structure seemed missing. Perhaps it was bottle variation although I’m not sure if I’ll get another opportunity with it.

1 Like

Just got back from a couple trips.
Nemacolin last weekend and Vegas this week.
2015 Sine Qua Non Grenache Le Chemin Vers L’Heresie
2015 Sine Qua Non Entre Chien et Loup
2015 Sine Qua Non Syrah Trouver l’Arene

Between trips had a 2009 Sine Qua Non On The Lam

Even though it is the most represented wines in the cellar I do drink it and its good.
I just don’t drink much of the EBA because its stacked and in the wood any work to open the cases

Also. wish they kept naming new vintages. but MK said it was too difficult. I bet WB could have come up with new names that weren’t taken

@StephenM. - This had me [scratch.gif] thinking maybe I had missed the shipment, I sent an email to SQN to get an ETA update.

Mr. Hack, impressive is all that needs to be said. Thanks for sharing. This is inspiration to actually open a bottle.

Any opinions on where my 2004 Poker Face or 2005 Atlantis’ are now? Have I waited too long? (this may effect which SQN I drink soon)

Both of those should be stellar right now. But…I’m gonna pop a G2. [cheers.gif]

Distenta 1 G and S
needs some time
98-100 for JD

1 Like

I just came back from another wonderful meeting with the medical profession and have been advised that I should not have any alcohol during a 6 month treatment period I am facing, starting next week. I have a couple of days where I am allowed to drink a bit. I have all SQNs back to 2009. Does anyone have any recommendations as to what is ready or close to ready for me to open between now and Friday?

1 Like

No recommendations Jay, but best of luck with your upcoming treatment.

2 Likes

Hope your medical treatment goes well.

I’d fire off an email to Manfred and see if they have any recommendations for you.

Good idea. Elaine has been helpful in the past.

2 Likes

2013 Sine Qua Non Syrah :male_sign:is amazing right now! Wishing you well Jay. [cheers.gif]

Good luck and Godspeed the rest of this year.

Agree on the ‘13 Syrah but I would suggest a 12+ hour decant and it will be much more interesting. Also the ‘09 Thrill of stamp collecting is drinking nicely. Good luck with the treatment!

1 Like

Anyone pop a 2007 Labels Syrah recently?? Only have 1 left and trying to plan my attack accordingly [cheers.gif]

I’ve got three, challenge accepted :slight_smile: stay tuned, it’ll be late in the week or the weekend.

1 Like