What’s the last bottle in your cellar you’ll drink?

Don’t know. Would I really have to live in GREENLAND for 150 years without having sex? How could you tell whether you were alive or in hell?

Depends on how much notice I get. If I got word the BOMB was coming, I might run down to the cellar and pull out my 2001 Comte de Vogue Musigny, but if it happens suddenly some year as a heart attack or something, it probably would have been a German Kabinett or a Bourgogne Rouge.

Incorrect. It hasn’t happened to Neal, true. But it has happened to Billions of other people… none Can speak to the experience tho. :wink:

Probably ’16 LLC or ‘16 Cos.

There are 7.53 billion people in the world today that have never died.

2013 Ridge Montebello - WA drinking window to 2070, review says “this wine should prove to be practically immortal”. That’s kind of cool.

Sure. But billions have. And I am willing to bet all 7.53 billion will at some point.

According to John Gilman, I can drink my 2005 Gaunoux Grands Epenots until 2125. We’ll see about that…

This was a great opportunity to clean up some of those John Gilman drink dates in Cellar Tracker that I probably won’t be around for.

2018 Dönnhoff Niederhäuser Hermannshöhle Auslese Goldkapsel seems like a likely candidate, although I hope I don’t know when I’m drinking that last bottle…

Ha- I see we were on the same wavelength!

A little more fun… I set the “drinkability date” in CT to my 80s birthday and checked what wines had the lowest availability score:

NV Krug Champagne Brut Grande Cuvée Edition 167eme Champagne Blend (0.65)
2015 Château d’Yquem Sauternes (0.39)
2005 Domaine Michel Gaunoux Pommard 1er Cru Les Grands Épenots (0.37)

Since Neal is engaging in what we academics, no doubt out of spite and defensiveness, call lawyerly argument, I will go him one better. While there is no historical record of the person Neal refers to as “me” dying, that is not proof that it has not happened to him or at least (to avoid Nietzschean arguments about the eternal return) to an entity genetically identical to him. It may even have happened to such entities numerous times. Art may be long, but human history is even longer.

Since this thread was started, I’ve acquired some 2016 Port. I must have been feeling practically immortal.

My 2012 Seaver GTS Cabernet Sauvignon. I plan on drinking it if/when the Mets next win the World Series in my lifetime . I hope I get the chance.