What’s the last bottle in your cellar you’ll drink?

It is known to happen to everyone for some unexplained reason :wink:

A friend bought me a fourpack of sutter home white zin about 15 years ago as a joke.

No way I ever drink those. Also a 3 liter of forest glen merlot bought at a charity auction.

Of the bottles I currently own or have on order, the ones that will age successfully the longest are my one bottle of Essencia (a 1993), my one bottle of Chateau Chalon (a 2000), and a Tappit Hen of 2016 Graham’s. After that, probably various Huet 1er Tries.

Whether I drink any of those before I die, or whether any of them actually ends up being the last wine I drink, depends on timing skills that I fear are beyond my present abilities.

I’ve got some 2014 Port. I don’t know if they are going to be among the last bottles I drink, or are in the “will never drink” category.
They will never be at their prime in my lifetime. That’s for sure.

1989 Chateau Latour or 1946 Bodegas Toro Albala Don PX Convento Selección

I have 3 bottles of 1985 Sassicaia that ive been holding on for, 1 for my 30th this year and 2 to hold on to for a very long time

In the entire course of human history, there are no known or reliably reported instances if me dying. Not a single one. I’d say that is a good reason for optimism.

LOL, I suspect Alfert

2005 DRC ‘RC’
2006 Monfortino from mag.

[rofl.gif]

im guessing one of the last ones I ever drink if gonna be something from Egon Muller. those wines are definitely gonna live forever.

St. Aubin?

I love when Neal breaks down and buys Sociando. He will eventually flip it to me for free.

To be clear, I’m not asking about the last bottle you’ll own before you die. I’m asking that of the wines you currently have purchased, which bottle would you most likely drink last?

Sounds like a plan! [cheers.gif]

So, I took a date to see this thinking it would be cool sci-fi etc. I was biting a hole in my cheek to keep from crying during this scene and the next one when they tell their daughter goodbye.

Some 2017 Vintage Port for which I probably will never live long enough.

I like your approach!

Mine: ‘The fact of having been born is a bad augury for immortality.’ [cheers.gif]

Have you noticed any sort of aging curve? If so, that would be worrisome…there is a trend line being established.

[cheers.gif]

17 Vintage Port or various 16 Bdx.

In the early 90s I bought a wood six pack of “Black and Blue” because I liked the label art and the box had cool wood burner art on it.

30 bucks a bottle was substantial to me.

A friend and I have consumed 4 of the bottles over the years and were on track to pop another last year when I discovered the value and now I can’t bring myself to kill it. The bottles will go to my kids when they each hit 30 and they can sell it.

Same thing happened with some Salon Champagne and Diamond Creek Lake cabernet from the seventies: they are now too special for me to drink! [crazy2.gif]