What Releases Can I Expect in January?

When is Turley? Have any notifications gone out?

Save the Date for Turley went out today:

Sharpen your corkscrews and gussy up your glassware, ‘cause we’re gearing up for the spring release of the 2015 vintage wines! You’ll receive your offer the week of January 23rd and, as always the sooner you place your order the more likely you are to receive all the wines you want. Interested in more of a particular wine, or want to try one you don’t see in your offer? Use the “Request Additional” and, if available, we’ll gladly include the requested bottles in your shipment. The pick-up parties are scheduled for April 1st in Paso Robles and April 8th in Amador. You will be prompted to RSVP once you’ve placed your order.

We hope you’re as excited about the upcoming release as we are. As always, we’re here for you whenever you need us at mailinglist@turleywinecellars.com or 805-434-1030 if you have any questions.

Thank you for being a part of the family.

Old Vines Young Love,
Turley Wine Cellars

Interesting. I wonder if they’re doing the Turley offer in waves? I bought from their last zin offer (my first offer from them) but didn’t receive anything from them about the upcoming release. Maybe passing on the recent cab release pushed me off the list?

I purchased cab and didn’t receive an email either.

I passed on the cab offering also.

Same as you Andrew. Bought my first release Zin last year. Passed on the cabs. No email either

Saxum next week.

Looking at last year’s January Turley offering it looks like the Dusi, Dragon, Rattlesnake & Mead Zins were offered along with the Rattlesnake PS. I almost always buy Turley but my allocation is usually only for 1-2 bottles of each. If I find myself in Paso Robles during the year I pick up more. With all of the talk of lower yields for 2015 I wonder if Turley needs to curtail allocations. I remember the note from TRB on a Rivers-Marie release saying this in his Summer newsletter:

“With the drought and our run of abundant quantity, there had to be some return to the mean waiting out there somewhere. That somewhere turned out to be 2015 especially for Pinot Noir. Most sites were down a minimum of 50% with some down as much as 80. Allocations will tighten considerably this time next year with the one small consolation being the superb quality.”

… and this in the Fall newsletter:

“Quantity only gets smaller from here for 2015. Due to the size of the Pinot and Chardonnay crop, we will release Pinots and all Chardonnays in January to increase the bottles available per allocation. That will make 10 SKUs in one offering and even with this number we’ll be hard pressed to mix together two cases. Putting label orders together now, we are anticipating 50 cases of Summa, 75 cases of Summa Old, 100 cases of Occidental Ridge, etc. In other words not a lot of wine to go around.”

From the Once and Future email today:

“Happy New Year Once & Future fans!

This note is not only to remind you again of our upcoming release, but to let you know that the release date has been changed from January 15 to 12:01am PST - TUESDAY, JANUARY 17. The offering will be open until 11:59pm PST, January 31 if the wines last that long.

I will be releasing all four vineyard designated wines from my 2015 Vintage;

The OAKLEY ROAD Mataro (115 cases), a lovely rendition of this grape variety from very old, own rooted vines in the sandy soils of Contra Costa County.

From Dry Creek Valley in Sonoma County there’s the wonderfully expressive, delicious TELDESCHI VINEYARD, FRANK’S BLOCK Zinfandel (155 Cases).

BEDROCK VINEYARD Zinfandel (150 Cases) from the vineyard I share with my son Morgan sings of Sonoma Valley’s Agua Caliente Benchland with spice, perfume and a precise claret-like quality.

And last but certainly not least (it’s the biggest wine of the group!), PALISADES VINEYARD, CALISTOGA Petit Sirah (190 Cases) is intense, rich and very dark with the surprising supple tannins of this superb location.

The case quantities are very limited. Each wine is handcrafted in small open-topped redwood fermenters, fermented with native yeast and indigenous malolactic bacteria and aged in small French Oak cooperage. Each wine represents what I hope is the best expression of my winemaking predilections, the 2015 vintage and typicity of site in one lovely melange.

Thank you for your support of Once&Future. I look forward to seeing your name on my list of wine buyers on January 17.

Cheers,
Joel”

I believe Scarecrow offers this month, as well as KATA

Turley should hit on Jan 23.
For what it’s worth, I spoke to Tegan a couple of weeks ago, and he recommended going deep on 2015…he said that while 2014 is deserving of the praise it’s been getting, 2015 should be even better.

Nice! Tried a 15 juvenile the other day and it was great. Very similar to the 14 (tasty red and blue fruits, bramble, spice and pepper - very crushable), but obviously a bit tighter given the age.

Looking forward to trying some of the 15 single Vineyards.

I had a 14 Juvenile at a local steakhouse the other night. Smooth and delicious, if a bit thinner than I remember other vintages being.

Seaver Vineyards but the price point (with tax and shipping) makes it too rich for my blood.

Scarecrow lands in February IIRC

Love that wine. Drinking so damn well right now. Probably my top QPR last year.

Anyone seen any scores or notes on the '14 vintage? Going to be tough to top last years

Have not seen any from Antonio yet. Not sure if the others have reviewed any

I found this at WineAccess.com but I find that score of 91 awfully low for this wine

https://www.wineaccess.com/wine/product/11872747/2014-scarecrow-cabernet-sauvignon-rutherford-napa-valley

quote=

rating.JPG