What ONE BOTTLE from your cellar will be your special occasion wine in five years?

2010 anniversary so 2025 will have to do something great for 15 since this year we certainly didn’t go out! Have a few bottles of 2010 Fourrier CSjJ we found on our “babymoon” in the UK in 2013 and carried back, so likely will be time to open one of those!

Collecting anniversary wines now from 1997 so probably one of those or maybe a 2014 Tablas Creek Esprit de Tablas

Maybe I’ll have enough confidence to open a '93 Mugnier Musigny by then. But maybe not.

I have a 5L bottle of 1972 Pousse d’Or Clos de la Bousse d’Or that was supposed to be for my 40th. I didn’t end up having a party, so it’s still in the cellar. If I don’t open it for my 50th in 2022, I vow to open it in 2025 in remembrance of this thread.

2013 Schrader Old Sparky (Magnum) Should be peak!!!

Not in five years, but in four, likely a 2005 Guigal La Mouline (his birth year) to celebrate our oldest son going off to college.

If I can, I love to tie in vintages with occasions.

In five years, probably my lone bottle of 2002 Salon. I plan to open it in celebration of freedom from debt. We’ll see if I get there :slight_smile:

Probably a magnum of 2009 Cristal or perhaps the single bottle of 2006 Dom Rose that I have in my cellar.

1985 Krug and either, or all of '98 Lafite, '98 Mouton, 98 Haut Brion, '98 Cheval Blanc, '98 LMHB. '98 is our sons birth year, I have a couple of each waiting that I should open while I can :slight_smile:.

91 Monte Bello & 01 Yquem planned for 60th next May. I’ll kill one of my remaining 1961 Barolo wines too I’m guessing.

Cross fingers.

But no idea about what I’ll open in 2025.

I had an 05 La Turque last year, and I’d wait. Or give it 24 hours in a decanter, lol.

For me? No clue. Lots of stuff that I still have that would make for a special evening. I suppose one of these days my last Verset will have to be drunk. :slight_smile:

Verset are precious now. For sure.

20th anniversary in 5 years, have a bottle of 2014 To Kalon from Mondavi sitting in the cellar

In 5 years? It’s our 15th anniversary in four years, probably open some 2009 Bordeaux, Pontet Canet, Malescot St. Exupéry.

If it was in the next 10 I’ve got a bottle of 1996 Salon sitting for my 50th and a 2009 Beaucastel Hommage for our 20th anniversary.

The 2008 Taittinger Comtes, of course. [wink.gif]

But seriously, I’d open a 13 or 14 Maybach.

Probably a magnum of 1959 Beychevelle. Best Burgundy ever made in Bordeaux, so I can enjoy both regions with one wine.

3 liter 1996 Calon Segur. One for our 30th anniversary in 2026. I have another 3 liter bottle of it for our 25th anniversary, if we’re able to gather in big groups by next August.

maybe I’ll find the birth year 55 Vina Real I misplaced (supposed to be fror my 65th)

650th?! You have to let us know your secret!

That’s planning for success!