What is YOUR most recent wine purchase? (Part 2)

Indeed.

A few bottles of De Sousa Champagne:
Magnum of NV 3A Grand Cru
One apiece of the 2013 Cuvée de Caudalies BdB’s (one blended from several Côte des Blancs villages and one exclusively from Le Mesnil).

5 Likes

Was down in the Bay Area watching some baseball last week, and picked up a little wine,

2 X 2020 Neely Home Block Chardonnay
4 X 2022 Neely Plum Block Chardonnay
2 X 2019 Neely Hidden Block Pinot Noir
2 X 2019 Neely Picnic Block Pinot Noir
4 X 2021 Ridge Chardonnay (375ml)
4 X 2021 Ridge Santa Cruz Cabernet (375ml)

Neither of the Ridge wines were smoke-tainted or watered back. /s/

Mixed case from the Bedrock retrospective release, plus a little under 3 cases in the recent Heritage auction from I presume a Berserker.

Fox Creek Shiraz Reserve 1998 ( case) , 85 Euro per bottle

2014 Grand Puy Lacoste
1999 Corison Kronos
2019 Cayuse En Chamberlin
2000 Phelan Segur
2016 Gerard Charvin CDP

1 Like

2018 Paul Hobbs Beckstoffer Las Piedras

6 x 2022 Fourrier CSJ

1 Like

2021 PYCM St Aubin x 2
2019 Michel Mallard 1er La Toppe au Vert x 2
2005 Michel Mallard Le Clos Royer x 1
2021 Gerard Seguin Chambolle Musigny x 1

1 Like

Please post a TN. Curious to see how this is now

2019 Barthod Chambolle x3
2019 Barthod Aux Beaux Bruns

1 Like

Well, I had this wine 1,5 year ago here is my tasting note which I published on www.cellartacker.com:

Celebrating of Poland’s Independece Day - 11th of November.
Color is dark dark burgundy turning to black, there is no evidence of over extraction.
In smell baked blueberry/black currants pie with fresh baking spices, raisins and broth, nuanced and ccomplex.
On palate is soft with a texture reminiscent of luxurious wines from another Australian producer - Penfolds, but not as massive and concentrated as many shiraz wines from the neighboring Barossa.
I would say rather medium body, and at the same time rich, complex (intellectually satisfying) with an 30 seconds aftertaste without the feeling of high alcohol or bitterness.
Elegant, complex wine with a plush texture, without a feeling of heaviness, massiveness or excessive extraction. Great balance of very good acidity, fruity sweetness, a tannic backbone and perfectly hidden alcohol (14.5%). There is no feeling of any exaggeration, heaviness, clumsiness or, on the other hand, some watery or acidity. If you can imagine a perfectly mature wine in which all the elements fit together and put together in the best possible way, then we will get such a wine as perfectly mature Fox Creek Shiraz Reserve 1998. Overall score: 96/100

Now I was able to find case of 6 bottles so I did not hesitate to pull the trigger on this.

Interesting. Thank you. I tasted this as part of a 1998 Aussie horizontal about ten years ago. This was one of the best of them, although the alcohol was slightly intrusive, but the fruit was not overripe, as many were.

Last day in NZ so shopping the only thing I couldn’t buy anywhere;

1 x La Ferme de Sato, Alyssum Gamay Noir 21
1 x ~ Le chant du vent Chardonnay 21
1 x Sato Atypique Riesling
1 x Sato Atypique Pinot Gris

Then Dan who owns Everyday Wine was so kind to throw in two of his own bottlings, Selection Massale in Pinot Noir and Chardy. Excited to try and what a kind team there in Auckland.

My dude, from where? :face_with_monocle:
Inquiring minds want to know…
Nice.

1 Like

15, 16 Tremblay Chapelle
17 Duroche Lavaut

1 Like

I jumped on the Crurated allocation, but it closed earlier this week. First time using it, but prices were pretty reasonable. I put in the minimum offer and won.

1 Like

I’ve fallen off the “not buying” wagon again. A few little things:

2 2013 Claude Cazals BdB Clos Cazals (C’mon, who could resist?)
2 1985 Clos René (didn’t need this, but a nearly forty y.o. Pomerol with nice TN’s for under $90?)
2 1981 Jordan Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon Alexander Valley ( a vintage hole in the cellar filled; great recent TN’s)
1 1975 Château Magdelaine (I just can’t resist Magdelaine’s charms)
1 1990 Château Malescot St. ExupÊry; no idea why I bought this; early onset dementia?
1 really old version of Laurent-Perrier Champagne Grand Siècle “La Cuvée” on auction. I love these
6 2013 Taittinger Champagne Comtes BdB at throwback pricing. These make it hard to buy any other champagne in the $120+ price range

$120+ you’re breaking my heart!

Piper Rare 2008 is available in England at that price.

1 Like