What is your most recent wine offer—that you passed up?

passed up a bunch of old Chevillon from Benchmark. Good pricing. Also passed up Ramonet. Bad pricing.

hey, my back is sore from patting myself on it over that.

Started passing on Kosta Browne a couple of years ago. Never got any SV offers after years of purchasing my full allocation, and with the price creeping up and up, I had enough.

No Girls.

An offer for some 2016 Drouhin Burgundies. I started ordering but caught myself and kept repeating - I’m not buying any more current release Burgundy, I’m not buying any more current release Burgundy…

Too many offers passed to count. But a few that come to mind:

No Girls - you waited too long, and now I don’t care. Sorry.
Rivers-Marie - love the chards and cabs, but am slowing down on Cali PN, which is way too much of my cellar
Littorai - offer hasn’t released yet (around the corner), but will be passing this year. Just too many bottles already (but love their wines!)
Kistler - I bought from them like 5 years ago, and never since. They don’t give up.
Arnot Roberts - Rose ‘save the date’ just came out. I’ve liked these in the past, but no room, sorry.
Scarecrow - no clue why I get this offer every year…never bought.
Sandlands - nice wines, but will have to pass.
Dirty & Rowdy - never bought, but would like to try some day - just no room
Bryant Family - ditto with Scarecrow
Daily JJBuckley Offer - I buy tons from JJB, but please…no more offers with headlines quoting Suckling scores

Like many I passed on Kistler, Rivers-Marie (pinots) and Myriad today. All make lovely wines, but. I’ve already blown my budget this month on some older Bordeaux, and am trying to keep some back for Berserker day. In general my cellar is just way too young, need more balance.

That’s why Winebid was created. [snort.gif] [cheers.gif]

So far (counting mailers only):

Kutch
Betz
Arnot-Roberts

There will be many more. I don’t want to pass. They are all wineries and people I want to support, and wines I really like. It’s not personal. It’s getting the hobby back under control.

I understand their is a direct correlation between Berserkers passing on wine offers and the beginning of a recession (6-month lag)…

Like others - as hard as it is i have to pass on RM PN this go around as I have too much CA PN, haven’t been drinking as much lately and need to decrease $$$

The algorithm is much more complex than that. I thin the variable with the most weight is how full the cellar already is!

A few years ago when I was just getting started, I remember reading some old timers here posting about their new found freedom no longer feeling obligated to but from lists. At the time I thought “surely you’re not serious!”, but now I get it. And as I reach a balance on purchasing/consumption, those wineries (that make good product) will attract the next wave, and so it continues.

But, Rama, I infer from your posts that you have joined those of us on the slippery slopes of the Côte-d’Or.

I skipped RM and Myriad, and will be skipping many more this year as I buy less overall, but much less from lists.

More like watching from the chalet. The wines intrigue me, but I’m not ready to hit the slopes… yet.

what were the prices? I got the same email but no letter in the mail. Thanks

Chateau Boswell . Way out of my price range -not sure when I signed up for that.

Carlisle and soon to be Bedrock.
Drinking down the cellar.Got a thanks for your past support from Mike at Carlisle.Um thanks I guess.