What is your most recent wine offer—that you passed up?

JJ Buckley recently sent out an offer for an 11k 3L Cristal with a cage of 5k worth of 24k gold.

it was tough not to pull the trigger but somehow I stayed strong. ha!

Just looking at winery direct lists, I got a ton of ‘save the date’ notices last week. While I haven’t gotten any offers I’ve turned down recently, looks like there will be a lot later this month. If I included all emails, then I turn down many every day, as am sure most here do.

Man, that must have been a tough call, but ultimately you made the right decision. Better off putting that money toward your helicopter fund :wink:

The only thing I’m buying these days is a yearly Boillot allotment (the bourgogne south of $20 per bottle is about as good a Summer chard as you’re gonna find, we go through cases and cases every Summer), and older Barolo as they come along, and the yearly Aubert allocation. That’s it. So it’s an easy pass on the emails unless they have something in the ‘older Barolo’ category.

The new Clarice. I thought the focus was on everything, but the wine. Might be wrong on that, but that is the way it seemed to me.

Have/will pass on Turley and might pass on Carlisle. Bedrock is really hitting their stride with Zins. Can only buy so many.

Alban. Saxum is more compelling on the high end and Jaffurs is so dam good on the mid to low price end.

Once and Future. Not in my wheelhouse.

Going to pass on Seaver GTS Cabernet Sauvignon. At the top of my price range at $125 (at least that’s what it’s been) and just not worth it to me .

I am now passing on virtually all long range reds…especially California cabs. Seem to still be buying 2014 white burgs within my price range.

Cheers!
Marshall [cheers.gif]

So strong. [d_training.gif]

so far I have passed on all monday marathon offers … [cheers.gif]

Some good offers there.

I passed on my Schrader allotment in December as they are a bit long range and expensive for me as well as the fact I have 2007 thru 2015 in my cellar. with only 6 bottles opened.

Some ‘14 Rousseau Ruchottes Chambertin

I accidentally passed on a 2004 Q. do Noval Nacional because I was in the bathroom when it came in and it was gone by the time I saw the offer, BUT they managed to find one bottle for me.

I got my big annual 2015 red burgundy offering last week. Passed on everything except Meo-Camuzet and Parent.

Does this count? FWIW that used to be the most expensive email I got every year (and still damn close even with only 2 Domaines on the invoice.)

I know I’ve seen discussions about this before, but it still really amazes me how many mailers come out in January. I’m absolutely sure I’d buy from more of them if they weren’t all crammed into the same four weeks (right after the holidays, which is traditionally a big spending period). It’s not even really a matter of being able to afford it, it’s just the psychological aspect of thinking about how much money I’ve been spending. I wonder if anyone has experimented with different release dates to see how much it affects their uptake. Though I guess with the likes of Maybach, Aubert, and Schrader, they sell all they have anyway, so it doesn’t really matter to them…

Aubert for me. Just too rich at the 6 bottle minimum for me.

Aside from the daily mailers from various brokers and retail shops, I passed on Kistler.

I forgot Myriad was coming today. Passing on that one, even though I love the wine.

Rivers marie, Myriad , and GTS . I think I am done with mailing list buying . Realized I can get wine I like when I want/need it-to drink and not to store . Don’t buy any high end Napa cabs anyway .
Don’t have a wine cellar or offsite storage.

Oh well was fun for a few years .

Rivers Marie. But I don’t care for most Pinot noir so… once the Cabs come out, I’ll go big