What is your current oldest bottle in inventory?

In addition to regular wine dinners and tastings, some of us in NYC have done a few special Huet events, the first one in 2000. The most recent was all the ‘89s on their 30th in 2019.

Some 1969 Barolo

Currently 1954 Henriques & Henriques Bual

Previously 1845 Blandy’s Bual

A 55 Vina Pomal rioja and 55 Vallana Spanna, birth year wines and still here due to a 65th birthday celebration that got Covid cancelled.

1912 d’Oliveiras Verdelho Madeira
1937 Massandra Collection Madeira
1958 Mildara Cabernet Shiraz
1959 Ch Talbot

2005 Dal Forno Romano Vigneto Monte Lodoletta Valpolicella Superiore. I was gifted this wine a few years ago.

Sounds awesome! I’d drive up to do one of those. We try to go to NYC 1-2 times a year … food scene is top tier.

1961 Lynch Bages, have 4 of them left

1 Like

It may not keep up with the other bottles mentioned above in terms of age, but at least this is worthwhile. 1996 Château d’Yquem

1966 Haut Brion blew me away, but don’t have any more; same with '63 Niepoort Porto. I’ve repeatedly '58 Baroli–birth year–none exceptional. I don’t believe I’ve had the chance to taste wines from before the 1950’s.

64 Les Amoureuses

Lol I have the same bottle :smiley: Although it’s only second oldest.

The oldest I curently have is Nervi Spanna 1961. The oldest used to be 1931 Colares, but we drunk most of my Colares bottles in a vertical tasting I had a few years ago.

A Rudy wine… so it’s a DRC?

1 Like

lol it’s not a race and that’s a great bottle!

Gotta make a trip out there and see if someone is stashing some '66s in a local restaurant.

Sure that vertical was fun!

You bet! I had one Colares from every decade, starting from the 2010’s and ending on the 1930’s.

It’s ridiculous how long these wines age. Even 1931 was in a remarkably youthful shape compared to its age - I’ve had hundreds of bottles that have been younger in age than this wine, yet have tasted so much older.

Old Simi And Beringes from the 1930’s courtesy of The Davis Cellar.
Screwcap California wines from the 40’s

My mistake. It is the youngest bottle in my cellar.

1 Like

Bingo! [winner.gif]