What is the creme de la creme of 82 Bordeaux?

I’m also partial to La Mission. Still quite young.

Of the wines I have tasted I probably have liked Haut Brion, Lafite and LLC the best.

PLL is pretty magnificent but '82 is a hard vintage to shop for because they’ve been traded and traded and traded and traded since day one. Not a vintage I’d touch with a 20-foot pole without being damn sure of your bottle’s provenance.

Great note, Marc!

You and I have had a lot of 82s together! Most recently the 82 Haut Brion and Magdelaine, with Charlie Carnes. Both fantastic wines. That Haut Brion is 99-100 for sure.

1 Like

Mouton for me.

Can’t believe I agreed with Leve. :wink:

1 Like

STILL waiting on mine!

i haven’t had the fabled lafleur, but trotanoy was great.

[cheers.gif]

PLL and Gruaud

An interesting question is whether in '82 Mission or La Tour Haut Brion is better. I’ve only had them side by side on one occasion, and it was hard to choose.

Of what I have tasted - Mouton. But I haven’t had the Lafleur.

Pichon C and Latour , I think ( having participated at many blind tastings with many Bordeaux’s 82 ) . Lafleur is better than Petrus in 82 imho .
Honorable mention to Gruaud laroze , La Tour Haut Brion and Cheval Blanc . Lafite and Mouton are irregular .

Just a comment from my my experience……had Mouton 82 over the past 35 years and more than two dozen times.Every bottle was constantly great.No variable differences at all.To me it is the very best of all the 82’s.Just sayin😊

I have not had too many, never had Lafleur, it has been years, but it was Latour for me. But I think I just like the Latour style/profile. Mouton was probably #2, but again, I like Mouton. PLL was great, just not “there”.

Mouton 1982 was served at the 150th anniversary of Rothschild ownership in 2003. I tasted over a dozen bottles from the chateau cellars, and there was variation, with half being sublime, the rest extremely good and the worst very good. Interestingly, given the comments in the video, all of them were fully mature. I have tasted three bottles since then; two utterly brilliant and one very good.

Looks like a fair amount of variation, but nothing really strayed below 92, and there were a number of 99-100 point experiences.

Lafleur would get my vote.

Trotanoy is pretty fantastic too, but sadly the market has realised this !

Again, and again my friend. Grasshopper, you are learning… [wow.gif]

Hey, you should go to my site and read the articles on 2021. All the Left Bank appellation articles are published. You will find a lot to like in the articles.

1 Like

It is all personal taste. But I taste 82 LMHB yearly and at 40 years of age, there is no reason to wait. YMMV

1 Like

Liking it already!

2021 Bordeaux might not be a vintage for everyone. But for lovers of classic Bordeaux, (Classic in a good way), there are numerous 2021 red Bordeaux wines exuding freshness, salinity, crisp, red fruits, refreshing acidity, and low alcohol levels. Almost every wine I tasted came in at 1 to 1.5 degrees or in some cases even lower than what Bordeaux has produced over the past few vintages. If I had to guess an average, the majority of wines come in at 13% – 13.5% ABV. Yet, the wines are not underripe. They are just crisp, fresh, and often savory.

Read more at:> 2021 Bordeaux Barrel Tasting Notes, Vintage and Harvest Report

3 Likes

The only time I had Mouton is was way too young (I think it was 20-25 years old) and kind of closed.

Given our email exchange this morning, you know what I am thinking. [rofl.gif] [rofl.gif] [rofl.gif] [rofl.gif] Next stop, Rolland.

1 Like