What green vegetable goes best with red wine

Wouldn’t Sociando go with anything green? Or would that be too matchy-matchy?

Grilled asparagus wrapped in prosciutto!

Do you mean to include fennel? I don’t find it bitter at all. Quite the opposite. And for me roasted endive has only a trace of bitterness.

Oh come on

Has Brother Alfert chimed in with green bell pepper?
neener [berserker.gif]

That’s a good point; it isn’t bitterness with fennel, but there is something there that I’m very sensitive to. Maybe I’m in an extreme minority with that one and it generally doesn’t matter. Yes, endive, even roasted, tastes fairly bitter to me. Okra and dandelion greens are extreme. Palate destroyers for me.

I believe I might be a guest at this lunch, if I’m reading this right. Whatever Mark chooses is fine with me.

I find fennel very wine friendly in many forms – braised, roasted, sauteed, or mixed with potatoes in a gratin.

I agree! Makes wanna go make some!

If you are trying to impress, with the season, I do some hops sprouts (almost just like asparagus when they sprout) with fiddleheads and morels. Morels (I know, fungus) go great with wine. Red bud flowers and locust flowers are edible and great with a bit of walnut oil. It’s also the season for ramps.

Uh… that sounds like all the more reason to speak up. [cheers.gif]

Yes

Hops sprouts and fiddlehead - good idea!

Certainly dandelion can be extreme.

I don’t find okra bitter however. Pan fry it with cornmeal to get rid of the sliminess, it can be very nice.

Roasted grilled cauliflower steaks. Cut big steaks through the center, drizzle oil, season, and roast at high temperature, finish on the grill. Do the same with the loose pieces and sprinkle on top.

Jay - I’m confused. Are you saying to put the cauliflower inside the incision in the steak?