What did you cook tonight?

Can you share your apricot soup recipe?
That sounds interesting.

Its from the Tartine Taste and Technique book. Too many sub recipes to post effectively. The book is worth buying.

1 Like

Found the recipe. Thanks.

https://foodcrafters.org/products/bar-tartine-the-ultimate-diy-cookbook/

That is missing all the sub-recipes, like fermented honey (the one you referenced just has honey) which is what makes it special. I strongly advise not skipping those.

1 Like

I use the slow cooker setting for this, high pressure tends to turn these to shreds otherwise.

Stunning, but you already know I’m a fan :slight_smile:

And it’s available on Kindle. Perfect, I’ve been feeling a bit stifled in the kitchen lately, excited to see where this takes me.

1 Like

I have both the hardback and Kindle edition. Being able to reference on the Kindle version and flip back and forth via hyperlink among the various components is great, but I love books and make lots of notes in the margins. The tartare toast I made is also from this book.

2 Likes

Probably more important, the proportions are off in this version. Check your DMs.

1 Like

Thanks Stephen!

1 Like

What I figured but just double checking

Thanks

Same but different

1 Like

Sometimes, simple hits the spot…
Dry brined chicken breast, grilled, with salad and homemade vinaigrette …healthy meal with daughter who’s home from college…

1 Like

Scallops with farro and guanciale.

6 Likes

Beautiful
HRH says that I love my Instant Pot more than I love her.

1 Like

We had to decamp to Vermont for 6 weeks a couple years ago to deal with some family/property issues and I took three things on the drive there: Wustof chef’s knife, a tough but mediocre Lodge cast iron skillet, and the loyal InstaPot. It was honestly kind of amazing how many things I was able to cook with a very limited set of tools… Especially compared to the insanity of my kitchen.

1 Like

Mark Bittman’s Borscht recipe. Delish!

4 Likes

That will stain things!

-Al

3 Likes

Yes it will. I wore gloves when preparing the beets. I’m surprised I didn’t make more of a mess.

1 Like

It can even make it through your digestive tract and make you worried you have cancer.

It’s even better after a day or two.

-Al

4 Likes