What did you cook tonight?

I use the slow cooker setting for this, high pressure tends to turn these to shreds otherwise.

Stunning, but you already know I’m a fan :slight_smile:

And it’s available on Kindle. Perfect, I’ve been feeling a bit stifled in the kitchen lately, excited to see where this takes me.

1 Like

I have both the hardback and Kindle edition. Being able to reference on the Kindle version and flip back and forth via hyperlink among the various components is great, but I love books and make lots of notes in the margins. The tartare toast I made is also from this book.

2 Likes

Probably more important, the proportions are off in this version. Check your DMs.

1 Like

Thanks Stephen!

1 Like

What I figured but just double checking

Thanks

Same but different

1 Like

Sometimes, simple hits the spot…
Dry brined chicken breast, grilled, with salad and homemade vinaigrette …healthy meal with daughter who’s home from college…

1 Like

Scallops with farro and guanciale.

6 Likes

Beautiful
HRH says that I love my Instant Pot more than I love her.

1 Like

We had to decamp to Vermont for 6 weeks a couple years ago to deal with some family/property issues and I took three things on the drive there: Wustof chef’s knife, a tough but mediocre Lodge cast iron skillet, and the loyal InstaPot. It was honestly kind of amazing how many things I was able to cook with a very limited set of tools… Especially compared to the insanity of my kitchen.

1 Like

Mark Bittman’s Borscht recipe. Delish!

5 Likes

That will stain things!

-Al

3 Likes

Yes it will. I wore gloves when preparing the beets. I’m surprised I didn’t make more of a mess.

1 Like

It can even make it through your digestive tract and make you worried you have cancer.

It’s even better after a day or two.

-Al

4 Likes

Haha. Been there…

1 Like

Tonight’s f

resh orecchiette pasta Amatriciana.

7 Likes

Summer supper - fried chicken, steamed corn, and tomatoes with blue cheese crumble

7 Likes

Solo dinner tonight with a Flannery strip steak, potato, tomato, and Dico Cabernet

4 Likes