What did you cook tonight?

Those look amazing!!!

Tomato season in full swing here. This balsamic is sooo good btw!

4 Likes

My family and I took a tour of the Giusti facility in 2019. Highly recommended if you’re ever in then Modena area.

1 Like

Tomato season!

Different hemisphere.

-Al

1 Like

Potatoes, onions, cornichons, and raclette.
Next time I would use 2x the raclette.

1 Like

Grillades and smoked Gouda cheese grits for the work crowd.
(Qualifies as it was prepped last night and cooked while I slept)

3 Likes

Oh man do I ever miss grillades and grits. Happy Mardi Gras Milton!

Happy Mardi Gras. I should make them more often.

Biscuits and sausage gravy

8 Likes

One of my all time favorite breakfasts. Which means good for eating any time of day.

1 Like

Duck breast (skin was very nicely crispy, breast a bit over but still tender). Mission fig sauce. Asparagus with olive oil, miso ginger glazed carrots and potatoes sautéed in bacon fat.

6 Likes

Flannery NY, Parmesan crusted potatoes, zucchini with crispy shallots. Turned out pretty good.

4 Likes

Those potatoes look great (and the rest, too). What’s your method?

It a little embarrassing to admit I saw these on Insta and found someone’s recipe which I modified. Cut potatoes in half and par boil till you can stick a fork in without too much pressure. Drain and score the cut side with a knife. Toss with EVOO, S&P, and garlic powder. Oven at 425. Mix grated parm and melted butter for form a paste and spread on bottom of a baking sheet. Place potatoes cut side down and back for ~20 min. Let rest for 10 min so the crust hardens and use a fish spatula to lift off pan. They were pretty good. Better than the first time I made them.

4 Likes

BD drunken A5 wagyu from Papa Wagyu. Seared then torched, brushed with ponzu, some topped with uni and all with caviar from the Papa BD order.

6 Likes

Need now with Krug. Now.

blackened catfish, saffron rice and spinach and a couple of bottles of wine!

7 Likes

I use the Kenji tip and add baking soda to the boil, then shake/rough up with the seasonings to get a nice tater slush on the surface that crisps up nicely on all sides. No need for the knife.

5 Likes

Kudos on the perfect portion size.

Cornish game hens stuffed with wild rice. A favorite of mine and so easy.

5 Likes