What did you cook tonight?

nice shine on those bagels. did you boil them first?

Yes, for about a minute in lye solution.

1 Like

Homemade Thai basil chicken. One of my favorites to prepare as it’s simple, quick, and intensely flavorful. Every time I make this for friends/guests they ask if I have a meat grinder… boneless, skinless chicken thighs in a food processor for about 7 seconds is all you need for this dish. Oh, and get some top shelf fish sauce and soy sauce, trust me, it’s worth the marginally higher expense.

3 Likes

Great meatball recipe, thank you @ToddFrench for sharing!! I used this meatball recipe to make a “Italian Wedding Soup” risotto.

2 Likes

I just bought more ground pork to make these meatballs again, freeze them in batches and just snack on them all week!

2 Likes

Sous vide pork tenderloin with a hazelnut-pancetta sauce and roasted potatoes. Wonderful pairing with 2009 Produttori Barbaresco Riserva Asili.

4 Likes

You inspired me.

4 Likes

3 Egg Omelet with Chicken-Apple Sausage and Pepper Jack

3 Likes

I will be making these often, want to try smoking them.

Dude! I’m using the smoker this week! Great idea!

Bet they make a crazy good meatball sub.

We may have single-handedly revolutionized the meatball industry! Now if only @bryan_flannery would do ground pork!

1 Like

It was mostly alive and interesting, much like myself. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cooking osso buco for Sunday dinner.

Just realized I’ve been posting direct to my IG stories, so I don’t have actual pics downloaded :frowning:
Https://www.instagram.com/akgrill and then click on my profile pic for stories.

Definitely a lot of fun to do, as I bought a half cow from Preservation Meat Collective and am cooking a bunch of cuts that I don’t have a ton of experience with. Drinking a bottle of BD15 wine (2022 Goodfellow Combe Verte) as I go. Need to figure out what I’m going to serve with dinner now :slight_smile:

Wine I used in the sauce was a vaccu-vinned Cayuse Edith Rose.

1 Like

Polenta works well with that

1 Like

Roasted Chicken w/Mexican Marinade

3 Likes

New butcher in Spanish Fort. Three arrows, bought some outstanding hangers a couple of weeks ago. Stopped Saturday and bought more hangers some Duroc pork loin and this strip. Absolutely outstanding. Grilled up with sides of sugar snaps, carrots and mushroom farro.

7 Likes

Nashville Hot Chicken Thighs

I’d probably eat the farro first it looks so good and savory.

1 Like