What Champagne are you popping tonight?

Its no Gold Toilet, but we figured this was appropriately garish and vulgar.

signal-2020-11-07-220322.jpg
signal-2020-11-07-220322-2.jpg

nv Vilmart with 2015 base…painfully young but a great package.

LOL this is perfect

NV Billecart-Salmon Champagne Brut Rosé

For SNL

Initial plan was for a 2003 Taittinger Champagne Comtes de Champagne Rosé Brut, but I’m going to let that sit longer.

I honestly did not expect a Win so didn’t prepare anything special and doesn’t really keep nice champagne around the house since I don’t drink them regularly but did have this one random bottle.

It actually turned out surprising well, kind of like this election.
PXL_20201108_005742361.jpg

2002 Delamotte BdB

Rick - please post a note of the 1990 Dom! I have a bottle left and wondering how it’s faring.

+1 for domestic. Evening Land Seven Springs BdB.

1995 Billicart-Salmon Blanc de Blancs. Just getting into champagne, figured this was a good night to pull out the best I have.

'09 Cristal. Celebrating amongst other things a broken glass ceiling.

Had to go domestic of course. 2014 Windy Oaks Sparkling Albariño, backed up by a Ridge Buchignani Ranch Carignane of the same vintage to accompany the smoked brisket.

Sorry to hear about your ceiling. Those stained glass windows can be quite expensive. Hope you have a good local blue collar window man on call to repair.

Followed up with 2008 Drappier Grand Sendree.

Fac-Simile 2015.

we tried the 2009 Drappier Grand Sendree.

We also had to go domestic.
Schram BdN

2005 dom with our neighbors.

A day late but very happy with the result.
3A56C397-CF95-4086-8309-DDCF3AD418E6.jpeg

What a glorious evening. We made what in retrospect was a stupid decision to go downtown to pick up some takeout (Convivial) and found ourselves blocked off at many major intersections by police cars, fire trucks and crowds of revelers. The food was cold by the time we got home but a pretty joyous scene to take in.

Then the 1999 Winny, which was delicious but less Pol Roger than I expected and while “faultless” in a way, a little short on character.

Nonetheless, a lovely drink to enjoy while watching the speeches and shedding more than one tear, hoping for a rebound by my country.

Biggest crowd ever?

-Al