What are your top 5 Red Burgundy Domains by bottles owned

So I finished up some inventory today and here is where I stand (In order of bottles owned)

Drouhin
Jadot
bouchard
Fourrier
Mugneret-Gibourg

I don’t see this changing for a while. I was surprised I owned so much Jadot. I guess I havnt been able to resist the excellent values.

I’d be curios to see what other people own the most of.

I don’t keep an inventory, so this could be a bit off, but an educated guess would say:

Truchot (clearly #1)
Second and third: Rossignol-Trapet and Jadot
Then I get a bit fuzzier. The next two would be among D’Angerville, Clos des Lambrays, Bouchard, Michel Gaunoux and Chandon des Briailles, with Mugneret-Gibourg probably only a bit behind. My guess would be Bouchard (esp. if I include HAG wines they raised) and then D’Angerville.

1. Jadot
  2. Potel, mostly because of my Gaudichots addiction
  3. Chevillon
  4. d’Ardhuy, mostly because of PC’s fire-sale on the '05 Cortons
  5. Drouhin, mostly because of my Petits Monts addiction

Interesting to see the unloved Jadot getting so much attention. I also have a lot.

1. Lafarge
  2. Drouhin
  3. Dujac
  4. Mugneret-Gibourg
  5. d’Angerville

and i don’t own a single bottle of Jadot :wink:

Jadot
Bouchard
Lambrays
d’Angerville
Dujac

1. DRC
  2. Leroy
  3. Fevre
  4. Dujac
  5. Rousseau

Fourrier
Bachelet
Rousseau
Mugnier
Courcel

Jadot
Faiveley
Gaunoux
Drouhin
Potel

Chevillon
Drouhin
Lafarge
Jadot
Mugnier

I’m a low end buyer, and probably 30-40% of the Lafarges I own are just the Bourgogne (which cellars well for 10 years)
Mugnier is now pricey enough that it’ll fall off top 5 soon, probably replaced by Pavelot (or Bize)

1. Jadot, 2) DRC, 3) Dujac, 4) Bouchard, 5) Potel/Faively/Mugnier (in a dead heat)! I really do like what Jadot has to offer from top to bottom - love the Clos St. Jacques. CHEERS

dujac
angerville
rousseau
lambrays
mugnier

arnoux is knocking on the door, but not in yet.

I need to try some of that Fevre red burgundy :wink:

Going from memory I’d say:

Drouhin (by a wide but declining margin)
Fourrier
Jadot
Mugnier
Chevillon

Mugneret-Gibourg
Dujac
Mugnier
M Gaunoux
Lafarge

1. d’Angerville
  2. Mugneret-Gibourg
  3. Thierry Glantenay
  4. Leroy
  5. Newman

Bize, Jadot, Pavelot, Chandon de Briailles, then a tie between Potel and de Villaine. Potel wins, I guess, because several are magnums.

Also surprised to see Jadot at #2. What are some of the Jadot values you’re thinking of, Berry?

Pernand Clos de la Croix de Pierre
Volnay Clos de la Barre
Pommard Rugiens
Corton-Pougets
All the Beaune 1ers

Must be really nice to have Truchot as #1. Probably not many people that have significant Burgundy cellars can say that.

Rousseau
Jadot
Dujac
Mugneret-Gibourg
Roumier