what are your reliable favorites in the Jadot portfolio of burgs?

The discussion on the Corton-Pougets got me thinking that I haven’t tasted a lot of Jadot burgs. What are some of your favorite wines in this producer? Grand cru, premier cru, villages… What do see as their more reliable holdings?

I haven’t had enough to be any sort of an expert, but Jadot’s wonderful Clos St. Jacques comes to mind, as does the NSG Boudots (which is a personal favorite of mine). I’ve never had it, but I bet the Musigny is some fine juice as well.

Absolutely the MUSIGNY !
1989 and 1990 are so great bottles of this vineyard … really stunning.

2nd favorite of mine is Romanée-St-Vivant …
3rd is Vosne-Romanée Petits-Monts …

Gerhard

I like Beaune Clos des Ursules and Gevrey Clos St. Jacques a lot. Have had good luck with the Clos de Vougeot.

Of reds, the Jadot Musigny and Bonnes Mares are consistently outstanding. Clos Saint Jacques as well. Probably Clos de Beze. The Beaune 1er cru wines, especially Greves, Avaux, and a few others can be screaming values as they are still around $30. The thing with all of these is that Jadot wines typically need a lot of time to come around. I would not open a grand cru before it reaches at least age 10. The 1990s and 1993s are drinking right now.

Of whites, favorite is the Chevalier-Montrachet Demoiselles, which is a special occasion wine and also needs age. They’ve had some premox reportedly, although I haven’t had a bad bottle yet.

Clos des Ursules, obviously. The other Beaune 1er crus are also excellent QPR picks.
Pernand-Vergelesses Clos de la Croix de Pierre.
Volnay Clos de la Barre.
All the Chateau des Jacques bottlings from Moulin-a-Vent.
Bonnes Mares and Amoureuses.
Corton-Pougets.
Nuits Boudots.

At Jadot itself they seem to consider Clos de Beze the top red and Demoiselles the top white.

A good rule of thumb is that the domaine wines are almost always top-notch examples of the cru, the negoce wines less reliable. Their Vosne lineup is not the strongest, mostly negoce wines. Petits Monts is negoce and one of the weaker examples of the vineyard IMO.

For me, in order

Musigny
Clos de Beze
Clos St Jacques
Bonnes Mares

Never had an Amoureuses or RSV that I loved.

Really like the Clos de Beze, the Clos St. Jacques and the Beaune “Ursules”.

One sleeper I often like is the Corton Greves.

Thanks for the wealth of recommendations- it looks like there are quite a few I can start with. Keith, thanks for the tip about negoc/domaine bottlings.

These two are my consistent hits with them. Old vintages of Clos des Ursules can be amazing. 1985 comes to mind…still way too young.

Thanks for sharing, everyone…I’m glad to glean from the wealth of experience out there. Any recommendations for those of us in the cheap seats - consistently good villages-level wines (or thereabouts)?

Gevrey Cazetiers and Lavaux St. Jacques are consistently superb.And I nearly forget the Chapelle!

How is the GE?

They make great Musigny and CSJ. For value I like their Beaune ‘Ursules’ and ‘Clos des Couchereaux’.

The village wines (both red and white) can also be quite good values. Jadot often declassifies quite a bit of premier cru juice into them.

+1. Excellent wines all, and very consistent. I would add the Corton Charlie to the list.

I have sold these in the past, but I think they make great expressions of…

Corton Charlemagne
Bonnes Mares
Chevalier Montrachet
Corton Pougets
Musigny
Chambertin Clos de Beze

Someone asked about their GE, not a huge fan, same with Ech, but it’s really vintage to vintage.

+1

Ah - I missed Keith’s comment on the PV Clos de la Croix St Pierre. Have not had much experience with this wine, but I have liked it everytime I tried it.

I forgot about the whites:
of course Chevalier-Montrachet Demoiselles … and MONTRACHET itself …