What are you going to open on Father's Day?

image.jpg
Saturday
image.jpg
Sunday

95’ Pride Mountain merlot with a Flannery 20oz New York. Damn good!
image.jpg

2004 Charvin, drinking beautifully, but will last another five years.

Got his looks from Kristen, I see [grin.gif]

Not for mine–no illegitimates that I know of—but for dad, 2008 Jadot Chambolle Les Fuees, 2013 Pepiere Clos de Briords VV and 2012 Quivet Las Madres Syrah. All good and all better after 2 days in bottle (opened them originally on Friday).

Mike

2005 Forman Cab, 2005 Beringer PR Cab, 2014 Massican Annia. All delicious…

2013 Sigalas Assyrtiko Kavalieros at Interni, in Mykokos Town, with my wife and daughter. Most likely the greatest, most intense Assyrtiko I’ve tasted in my 7 years traveling in the Greek Islands. Just stunning. I’ve tasted all of the prior vintages of Kavalieros, which weren’t much, if any, improvement over the non-single vineyard Sigalas. 2013 is all that, and more.

Shared a 1997 Togni Cabernet with Dad, was fantastic. Also opened a 2005 Havens Merlot Reserve, which is in a really nice spot.

Hey Kyle, what did you think of it?

Monkey 47 gin and tonic with Fever Tree tonic. So damn good. Then we shared a 2004 Joseph Phelps Insignia, which is really a great vintage of that wine. It’s so smooth, so well balanced, has a beautiful black fruit profile with just a hint of red cherry and good acidity to keep everything level. Great notes of cedar, herbs, and a touch of smoke and bakers chocolate. A really, really good wine.

2007 Carlisle Montafi Zin. Blew me away. Layers of ripe dark fruit with a really nice leathery note to it. I’m thankful that I have 1 left.

Delirium Tremens while at the beach, 2011 La Jota Howell Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon at dinner - both fantastic

opened up a 2008 next of kyn #2 with my dad. not much on tasting notes - but it was really, really good. great smell- really balanced wine. glad i finally got to taste it!

2012 Baudry Les Grezaux. Sweet baby poop on the nose and rich loam, beet juice, and tart unsweetened cranberries on the palate. Sandy tannins and more body emerged on day 2. Drank over 3 days; day 2 was best. Next try in 2020.