What are you going to open on Father's Day?

If I can get out of friggin LAX a 2009 EMH Black cat.

Sipping on a dram of Highland Park 18 while a '10 No Girls Grenache decants for a few hours.

I’m the only one who can remotely be considered to have a palate or care in the family, other than my 12 and 15 year old who don’t drink much yet, so holidays are not drinking times.
That said, I might open something late just for myself!

Biale Aldo’s (Aldo father of Bob), Ravenswood Big River (Joel father of Morgan).

Great wines.

2013 Dirty & Rowdy Chardonnay Alder Springs.
Wowza.

2012 Fogline Dry Creek Valley Zinfandel Grist Vnyd - kickass
2011 Four Cairn Napa Valley Syrah - kickass +

I’m honored! My dad died in 1988 - I was living in Boston and working for Digital Equipment, so he hasn’t a clue about any of this. That’s him with me in my avatar.

I’m having Agrapart & Fils 7 Crus Champagne. Excellent QPR. And wearing my mom’s diamond and inscribed wedding band (dated February 14, 1942) in honor of them both.

2001 Roberto Voerzio Barbera d’Alba Riserva Vigneto Pozzo dell’Annunziata in magnum because that’s the only way it comes.

Handsome!

2003 Clos Fourtet. Always a treat. With grilled filet mignon.

1964 Corton HdB Dr. Peste for the older daughter or 1967 Bonnes Mares Bertheau for the younger or 2002 Meursault Leroy for the granddaughter. Leaning toward the Leroy because it’s quite warm today, and the red Burgundies will keep.

OOPS, cancel that. I just realized today’s an Earth day, so no point in opening anything good.

I don’t know Ralph here on the mainland, according to my calendar, it’s a Fruit day.

2014 Sandlands Blush

2014 Navarro Sauvignon Blanc
2010 Hudelot Noellat Petits Vougeots

Had a 2005 Harlan The Maiden with some Prime grade grilled ribeyes.

Soon as I confirm the kids are asleep, will be tucking into some 40 year old Kirkland/Glenlivet single malt with a nice cigar to cap off a glorious week of my beloved Warriors breaking their NBA title drought stretching back a full 4 decades.

The moon entered Virgo around 7 AM HST. It would have been a fruit day most of the day in Europe. Is your calendar GMT-centric?

P. S. Ended up opening 2008 Kosta Browne Keefer and Kanzler, in the hope that root day will ameliorate the cola. (Younger daughter likes KB – “Where have I failed?!?”) Won’t defer to the vine gods like this again, though, ‘cause I probably have more fingers than future Fathers’ Days.

Pliny The Elder :slight_smile:

2010 Patricia Green Four Winds.

Just opened it, but seems like a winner after a long day.

Michael

Am I the only one who opted for the 2013 Patricia Green Berserkers Cuvee? It goes great with a barbecue.

Muscadet and Burg - finished off a 2012 Pepiere Clisson that was in the fridge (day 3 and drinking great), then popped a 1996 Champy Clos de Beze. Yummy!