What are some (rather common) big name wines you've never had?

Screagle is the only CA cult (the original five) that I have not had.

Not had Ausone yet, and no DRC Monopole or Montrachet of any ilk.

Vega Sicilia Unico & Screaming Eagle come to mind, though I have a had a couple of chances to enjoy Screagle but just didn’t get it done.

veronica poured mv krug from maggie at your house back in july

where were you?

went well with the taco truck [snort.gif]

I’ve had one FG and it was corked but still drank a glass anyway and used the rest as dressing for the salad, at the same meal…

Would like to try DRC because I love PN.

I’ve had all the usual suspects mentioned here, even non-European wines like Screagle and Penfold’s Grange. That’s one of the perks of being a sommelier for over a decade. Of all the great Bordeaux, I have not had Ausone, but I don’t view that as any sort of omission. If you tasted all the other overpriced right-bankers, one more isn’t such a big deal. Please note that I didn’t say I don’t like them, because I do; more than overpriced left-bankers for that matter.

There are of course, many high end Grand Cru and even 1er Crus Burgundies I haven’t tasted yet. I have only one liver after all and being self-employed means I have limited funds. Besides, I may for example not have had Roumier Musigny, but I did taste Mugnier’s/de Vogüé/Drouhin’s rendition so I can infer a lot.

In short, the only wines I have never had that I’m dying to try are the Giacosa red labels, preferably with some age on them. The fact that I never tried those, I do consider a glaring omission.

Krug
Cristal
Salon
Petrus
Latour
Screagle
Harlan
Any ultra high-end Italian
Any ultra high-end Burg
Grange

Sierra Carche & Petrus

The only one I can think of is Le Pin. I’ve had everything else mentioned here so far.

I’ve been very lucky to have such generous friends both here and across the usa who have shared spectacular wines with me (big thanks to the tx, cali, ny, Boston and Chicago crews!) Ones on the bucket list are DRC RC and montrachet - ive had the others and I’d love to try a screaming eagle and petrus. Mostly It’s to see if the hype is more than hype. I’ve been surprised that many of these " bucket list " wines, in good vintage really are fantastic and its not all hype.

Ps if you were at the Boston Texas cali nyc and Chicago events, I’m including you in my thanks :slight_smile:

Have I got a wine for you, Mike. It has the smell and taste of Sierra Carche, but the price of Petrus! I’ll even give you a case discount.

You had 1996 Margaux at my house for BF 2.5 and were going on and on how good it is… [snort.gif]

Some of these wines should be easy to get - others very pricey. Probably will never have a Petrus or a DRC DRC - just too damn expensive - I wouldn’t flinch if I could get half a dozen people to share the price but if I am footing the bill for the entire bottle it just seems a bit ridiculous. NV Krug should be an easy item to find. Never have had Screaming Eagle or Harlan. I have had plenty of FGs. Its ok…

That’s a good one. I’m not sure I have ever even seen a bottle.

I plan on purchasing all of these as soon as I win the lottery. Sadly, I don’t play the lottery. [head-bang.gif]

Domaine de la Romanée-Conti
Pétrus
Sine Qua Non
Krug
Saxum
Château d’Yquem
Penfolds Grange
Château Margaux

Boy I guess I’ve been lucky.

Le Pin
Petrus

It’s sad how expensive these top wines have gotten. Being in my 50s and being part of a tasting group with several guys now in their 70s gave me the chance to taste most of these wines. In the 1970s, first growth Bordeaux was under $10 a bottle. These guys bought cases, even those that weren’t making a lot of money at the time. They bought 1982 First Growths, not because Parker told them to, but because Mortie Schwartz, the only serious wine merchant in Albany at the time, recommended them.

Ironically, we cannot find anybody under 50 to join our group. As it ages, it may eventually die out.

Two Buck Chuck. I’ve only had the Three Buck version. [snort.gif]

Thanks to the generosity of fellow berserkers at our various “fests” I’ve been able to try lots of the CaliCabs that I normally wouldn’t have been able to try.

I’ve had all the firsts except Latour so that’s on my list. Also would love me some Petrus, Le Pin and Ausone.

Nobody has mentioned the LaLas, which would be fun to try.

I’ve not had Krug Rose of any kind. Also never had the Collection or CdM.

This is the only one I can think of that I didn’t have…