What are people drinking for Thanksgiving?

‘13 Turley “Ueberroth”, ‘07 Mount Eden Estate Cab, ‘14 Matthaisson “Napa Valley White Wine” and a Pinot for Frankie - maybe a ‘13 Ceritas ”Hellenthal.”

For me, Thanksgiving is a day for California wine (like all days).

After dinner, they kill each other, just like with many families.

For the people who feel a need to drink US wines on Thanksgiving, do you drink wines from Israel on Christmas?

Yes. And for 4th of July, I buy British wines, but ceremoniously smash them during the parade.

2015 Dirty&Rowdy Familiar Mourvèdre
2013 Raveneau Butteaux

[rofl.gif]

Nope. Only on Pesach (Passover). neener

Avoid wine for Pesach.

Causes charosets of the liver.

(Ha)

Not a lot of serious wine drinkers in our Thanksgiving group so whatever I bring won’t get touched. One friend will drink Riesling, Dad will drink something but that could be bourbon, maybe a niece or nephew will have a glass. We have everything from wine geeks to complete teetotalers.

Likely a Pinot or Cru Beaujolais or zin for my wife and I and a smattering of bottles for the general public.

JD

I’ve pretty much given up on it for Thanksgiving. For years I brought good wine, and people either couldn’t care less or liked it less than the cheap stuff. That and I watched the 20 year olds guzzle a few hundred bucks worth of good shit as fast as they could. My wife and I are the only two that care out of the 25 or so people who come.

So, basic wine for everyone. They will enjoy it and I’ll end up less stressed. If I feel like it on the day, I’ll sneak in a Carlisle Zin for me and a riesling for my wife, and put them to the side.

Dirty and Rowdy California Familiar Blanc
A California Mourvedre TBD

That’s easy as we always drink Pinot Noir at Thanksgiving. Domestic violence has led to so many problems in life. Any way we can ease the pain, the better.

I don’t even know 30 people.

Ours starts Wed. And goes to Sunday, Thanksgiving will be Champagne breakfast followed by the bird and ham and 3L of Dellile Harrison hill cab 2001 and 6L St. Clement cab 1997, Fri. Will be Turkey bowl in the am with family then brisket and more cab.Off to Husky stadium for the Apple Cup, all Husky grads in our house except my bride who graduated from PLU and UPS.Will finish the weekend at Januik with our annual private tasting event.It will be great to have all the kids and grandkids under one roof for a few days, much to be thankful for.

Since both the food and the palates of those attending are usually all over the place, so are the wines. A small gathering this year so it’s unlikely we’ll get through all of them, but this is what’s on the agenda:

Krug NV rosé
2014 SQN Gallinita rosé
2002 Shafer HS
2001 Prum WS Auslese Goldkapsel

+1

I do but they don’t like me. That’s OK because I don’t like some of them either.

So it’s Thanksgiving alone again. Unless my wife forgives me and decides to join.

Either way, it’s only November 16. I haven’t given any thought at all to what I’ll drink yet. I suppose we’ll figure it out when we’re ready to eat. Probably something from CA, and probably Grenache blend or Zin, but who knows.

Yup. Either off to the side or stashed behind the empties.

2006 Taittinger Comtes de Champagne
1997 Williams Selyem Rochioli Pinot Noir

I’ll come help you finish them :slight_smile:

Great choices!!! :slight_smile: