Weygandt Wines Shop

Weygandt wines is shutting down their shop at the end of April. Warren has decided to do something else and the lease was up for renewal. I’ll be able to stop by one last time, but I’ll miss Warren and the wines.

1 Like

Oh no! A real class act for so many years.

Cheers to Warren and a sad day for a real staple of artisinal wines in the DC area.

yeah. I saw that. I also will miss talking with Warren and the wines. No shop like it in the DC area, I will miss it. Best wishes to Warren for the future. A shame Peter wont have a shop in DC now.

I was surprised it is closing. A very unique shop with wines you don’t see that often. It was one of my Metro stops when I went downtown to wine shop. I guess closest thing to it would be Domestique Wine on Florida Ave but not nearly as large and harder to get to.

I’m also sorry to hear this. It was one of my major wine shops in DC. And Warren was always a pleasure to work with.

Sad to hear. I used to point locals who were thinking of buying a wine-club gift subscription to the Weygandt Wine Club as an alternative to the online ones. Two bottles a month (1 red, 1 white) for $30 total, and always pretty decent selections, especially for the price (you could also bump up to $50 or $100 levels). Not to mention it made for a better introduction to wine than whatever bottles something like the WSJ Wine Club would have mailed you. Not sure anything comparable exists in DC after they close.

Does anyone know what Warren is doing next? He is really good.

1 Like

I believe he is helping his wife run an online florist. Their Instagram account for it is @tiny.mansion.flowers

1 Like