Welcome, participants! FAQ Thread (POST YOUR OFFERS BY LATE TONIGHT!!!_

To all those wineries and retailers participating in BerserkerDay 10 (#BD10) please use this thread as a quick reference guide and FAQ for what to do in this forum.

I’ll be posting more and more as the days trickle in, and as the PR campaign ramps up with some releases of articles, more will join our ranks in this forum, I’m sure. As of now, only Administrators, Moderators, and BD10 Participants can see this forum, so this is where we discuss the how-to, scheduling, and also where we will create the listings/threads for your offers, giving you plenty of time to hammer out details and get them ‘just right’.

Use this thread rather than Private Message for your questions, as many have the same ones, and it’s better to work together on those answers, so all can benefit.

More to come…

I see some have started their listings, that’s good! A few tips:

Check what did well last year, see what the listing looked like, what worked, what didn’t. Here is a link to last year’s BerserkerDay forum: BerserkerDay IX (January 27, 2018 - it was a doozy - WineBerserkers

Many times I’m asked ‘what deal works best?’ and the answer is never simple, but I can say with certainty that a small discount and full shipping is NOT going to work. The best combinations are typically a good discount and a combination of ‘included’ or flat-rate shipping. Those offers just KILL, so if you can swing it, do it. Please consider that with these discounted prices, they are still quite a bit more revenue than wholesale/distribution, PLUS you get the opportunity to have discussions on your wines here and elsewhere. When you sell to a distributor, you will sell some wine but likely never hear from the consumer. I’ve seen quite a few newcomers do very well here, and continue to have discussions on their wines from BerserkerDay.

Tell the story. Be brief but tell a story about yourself, winery/business, etc, add a photo or two to put a face to it.

Group buys! If you are interested in teaming up with another participant, DO SO! I can imagine a group of 2-4 wineries/producers teaming up for a mixed case - that would be amazing, but obviously the financial component is confusing. Such a sample pack would sell like crazy.

NOTE: There will be a poll I send out after BerserkerDay that I will want you to fill out, sharing your sales numbers anonymously via survey.

Are you still planning on doing the intro forum this year? Is that for new wineries only?

Also, what’s the deadline for posting the offers?

Thanks,

Chris

The master thread on the BerserkerDay forum has good info regarding groups, newbie intros, etc - BerserkerDay 10 (as featured in Forbes!) Master Thread - MASSIVE RECORDS SET!!! - BerserkerDay 10 Forum (January 27, 2019) #BD10 "th - WineBerserkers

Deadline for posting will be Jan 26th, 7 am pacific, as that’s when Grand Cru Cru members will be able to see the offers (and purchase from the ‘Early Purchase Offers’ forum that are posted by BerserkerBusiness members)

Can you do more then one listing or are you only allowed one listing that you can put multiple offers in? Thanks

It’s best to do all in one, unless the offers are significantly different (like one food offer, one wine offer) - see the BerserkerDay archive from last year (linked in this thread) for examples

Hi guys, Brig here. BD10 is looking to blow the lid off… [truce.gif] deadhorse

As always I volunteer here to assist with your offers in any way. Need to noodle around an idea to get thing going because you’re new to BD? Not sure how to add pictures, links and pretty formating? Need someone to test the links, coupons, shopping cart, etc discreetly before your offer is revealed? Maybe just another set of eyes? Let me do it or show you how.

I’ll be lurking through your offers as they evolve so you may get some unsolicited feedback for clarity and fine tuning. We want every offer to to maximize its potential.

You can reach me directly by PM or email brig_campbell@hotmail.com and some times it’s just best to jump on the phone and hash it out. You can send me your number and I’ll call you, I do it all the time.

I’ll be the ring leader for auctions but I’ll send a separate PM to the group on that topic.

LAST DAY TO POST OFFERS IS JANUARY 25TH, IN THE EVENING!

Several have asked, so since Preview Day/Early Purchase Offers start early on Jan 26th, you must have your listing fully completed, tested, and ready to roll by the evening of Jan 25th

Todd or Brig, is the Pre-Launch forum the correct web address for the actual event or will there be a new forum and address created specifically for the day? I’d like to include a link for my wine club and mailing list. Thanks

Nope - this is for planning, away from prying eyes. As other years, I move the threads from Pre-Launch forum to the BerserkerDay forum during the official launch times (which come out the 25th)

How do we get signed up to be able to offer early purchase options for the 26th?

You already are - that’s the BerserkerBusiness badge below your username

Couple things…

1. sorry I’ve been curt lately - stressed with BerserkerDay and STUPID enough to try to migrate to a new computer. Since Apple didn’t launch a new iMac I had to settle for a low-budget Mac Mini as a ‘temporary’ computer…and it didn’t go so well. Two and a half days of misery, so my apologies to you all! If I haven’t been curt to you, PM me and I’ll happily dole some out for sport.

2. Let us know (me or Brig) if you want help with your listing. Happy to do so.

3. I’ll be finalizing all participants by Friday evening, so that I can send out a launch schedule to everybody (via Private Message) that evening. The ‘Preview/Early Purchase’ day starts Saturday, early am. Those who are BerserkerBusiness need to get ready to take orders on Saturday the 26th because the Grand Cru Crü members can purchase from you (not non-BerserkerBusiness folks, however - the rest of you wait for the mass sale on Sunday the 27th)

4. Questions???

DATES/TIMES

ALL OFFERS NEED TO BE READY BY FRIDAY NIGHT, JANUARY 25TH

Preview Day/Early Purchase offers are starting the morning of January 26th, where GCC members can SEE all offers but only BerserkerBusiness members (better renew before Friday!) can accept orders from GCC members on that day.

I will send out launch times sometime on Saturday, so you know when you go ‘live’ on Sunday, January 27th

POST THOSE OFFERS!!!

I’m creating and sending out the launch times tonight, so be sure your listing is fully ready!

I will send a group-wide PM with the launch times and more information on what to expect, but know that tomorrow morning the GCC members will be able to view everybody’s listings, and will be able to buy from BerserkerBusiness members (two separate forums - one for preview, one for ‘early purchase offers’ so the two don’t mix). Unless you are a BerserkerBusiness member, you won’t be able to sell tomorrow, and will wait for the HUGE group on Sunday. If I find out sales happened outside these rules, I’ll have to cut you from BerserkerDay this year and next.

Get ready!!!

Question: The BD10 Icon - is that reserved for sellers who have been here all 10 years?

The BD one is for all others, other than Spinsors and 10-year participants

Thanks, Brig… it’s our first one — hoping that our offer is compelling - perhaps you can have a look, just ctrl+F with “L’ecole” on the pre-/prep forum page… thanks in advance :slight_smile:

apologetic first-timer here: quick Q: when we get notice about when to go “live”, do we (at the appointed time) simply grab our draft offering from the pre-/prep forum and paste as a new post in the #BD10 topic section?