Wally's tent sale

Hi,

anyone went to check out the tent sale today?

Anything good? I know Wally’s is rather expensive, but sometimes you can find some deals.

JF

I don’t know how I missed the notification of the Ten Sale. Wallys is very overpriced, but the Tent Sale has the best deals around typically.

Wally’s has some GREAT deals if you check their site.

Wait, no they don’t - I’m just a sucker for overpriced wine. Nothing to see on their website… move along!

Their prices are TURRIBLE (to borrow a phrase from Charles Barkely.) Even their ‘tent sale’ is a joek.

There was a sale a couple of months ago. Prices where better than the tent sale. Grabbed 11 Roulot Tessons for 131 all in x4. Should have grabbed all 7. Drank amazingly last night.

Worst tent sale ever. Just 2 years ago I got Krug NV for around $110. $170 (on sale) now.

A lot of the prices are not great - but if you look around a bit you can pick up some nice things. I had good luck at the sale. Some very fairly priced burg’s and Germans. Best of all was Zalto glasses at 25% off - cheapest I have seen them.

Yes the Zaltos are usually what I get at this sale. I have been slowly building my inventory over the years :slight_smile:

Looked online and saw the 08 Yquem for 179.99 which is the lowest I could find online (at least in CA).

Which burgs did you grab?

Cheers,

JF

Thanks for the tip! Nearly impossible to find these on sale; just got some.

A few years ago they had 2008 Giuseppe Rinaldi Barolo Brunate Le Coste for $95.99 during this sale. That was quite a bit lower than anywhere else online (CT average purchase price is $113). I agree they generally have higher prices, but like anywhere, some fine deals can be had, too. Literally a few days ago they offered up 12 bottles of 2010 Bartolo Mascarello Barolo for $139.99… That’s the first of it that I’ve ever even seen on website for near release price.

David

Hit up the Tent Sale today. Everything at the sale is an addl. 10% off today only. Picked up some Dönnhoff Oberhäuser Brücke Spätlese and Joh. Jos. Prüm Wehlener Sonnenuhr Kabinett and one of my favorite tent sale items, a block of Parm Reggiano at 50% off.

Thanks for heads up Eric. Grab a couple of the Donnhoff as well.