Walgreens Fedex

Done it a couple of times with no issue. Not wine though.

One of my packages sat there for 3 days. Walgreens said fedex driver never showed up. Fedex said they werent given the package.

Recently dropped off packages. Scanner rejected 3 for no reason. Neither Walgreens nor Fedex could give me a good reason. Again, they basically blamed each other.

One issue with having a Walgreens as the initial shipping destination (rather than a redirect) is that sometimes stores have problems getting that booked in the shipping label system for Alcohol / Adult Signature Required items. I don’t know why that is, so I was told to do the mid stream redirect by a store as their solution.

not sure if it’s an issue everywhere but I was told by fedex that I can’t redirect to Walgreens due to their liquor license

Same here. A couple of times I noticed it can sit for a day or two before it gets picked up, but haven’t had issues with regular, non-signature needed packages.

The only way I ship my wine now. Redirecting to Walgreens (after) it ships and picking it up on my time schedule is super convenient. A busy father of 3 kids at 3 different schools in 3 different sports…we’re not home a lot. :laughing:

You can contact to walgreen customer service phone number and solve your issue. Their customer support will do their best.

It’s very easy and nice to use.

I was using Walgreens all the time for my wine shipments until the pandemic lockdown. FedEx now drops shipment on my front porch and takes a picture of the delivery. No contact, no signature and they don’t ring the bell. Within minutes I get an email from FEDEX confirming delivery.

I had one Walgreens location reject deliver twice.

Walgreens has worked well for me. Having read this, before directing a delivery to a store for the first time, I would pay a visit and ask how they would handle a wine delivery.

I’ve had a couple dozen Wine.com deliveries to local Walgreens. Wine.com boxes clearly and obnoxiously say what is inside the packages. I’ve never had a problem.

I had a FedEx shipment ‘out for delivery’ both Monday and yesterday, and both days around 5:00 pm the status switched to ‘pending’. Naturally I was home all day so I know they made no delivery attempt either day. Since FedEx seems incapable of delivering this two days in a row, I just switched it to Walgreens. It’s a bit annoying that they can’t manage to drop if off at my house but at least this way I know it will get delivered, so it’s a nice option to have.

I have used Fedex Office location instead of Walgreens. I’ve got one about 3 miles away. No more having to wait at home or miss delivery. The only thing I don’t like is the communication can be inconsistent that it’s been delivered.

The weird thing that happens at my Walgreens is they fail to scan it out, so then the winery or retailer gets a notice that the box is still awaiting pickup.

I’ve used the Walgreens option and it’s been pretty easy. Worth noting that Albertson’s is another option for this. Have one close to my house (closer than Walgreens) and use it more frequently.

This, for sure.

Locally I used to use a grocery store for FedEx pickup and had the same issue. There was always some kind of problem with the scanner system and software that FedEx issued to the store, and half the time the workers would just say “screw it” and hand over the packages. I still have some orders from a couple of years ago that show as waiting to pick up on the vendors site. It was also always a mystery if the delivery was waiting to pick up. It often gave the status of “business closed” when in fact the delivery was waiting for me.

I’ve been having deliveries right to my house since last March and haven’t had any issues yet. One last one early next week and then this fall is wrapped up.