Walgreens Fedex

better to ship to a fedex office

My local Walgreens knows me by name during the cool months of the year…

Never have had any issues.

+1

Don’t even get the shipper or whoever involved. Just do a live redirect once you have a tracking number. It’s much smoother all around that way.

The only slight hiccup can be if you have extremely fast delivery - sometimes I have stuff FedEx’d from San Francisco to Sacramento that can be so fast that it doesn’t have time to get caught into their Walgreens redirct procedure. But that’s kind of an edge case. Normally once something is getting shipped I start checking my FDX Delivery Manager every on the tracking # generating day.

I’ve done it probably a dozen times and it works really well. For some strange reasons, sometimes some Walgreens are available sometimes, and others at different times. I have a bunch around me so its no big deal, and they are all in my natural travel / commuting patterns, but its a little odd.

BTW, Cameron Hughes is shifting their shipping over from UPS to FedEx which is nice.

Yes especially since they are 24 hours near my house. Honestely never had issues with Walgreens either. Usually a liitle slower than Fedex Office. All so much better than UPS redirects which are painful.

Not if the closest one is 26 miles away!

Since the OP said he wants to do this because the retailer won’t ship to his home state, I’m not exactly sure how that would work. It seems to me that he would need to have it shipped to him c/o Walgreens (or some other Indiana address) and then change it to be held at the store. Of course, given the tangle of regulations on shipping wine, it’s not 100% that would work either. It’s actually an interesting question for anyone living in a state with shipping restrictions who lives near a state that is more open.

The winery can direct it to a specific Walgreens.

Delete this thread.

+1.

Redirecting a pickup to Walgreen’s isn’t a problem. It might be a little stranger to initiate a shipment to it, but so long as your name is on the package it shouldn’t be a problem.

But is it temperature controlled? You don’t know how long it rattled atound in the truck before it got delivered. Did it sit on the loading dock in the sun for 6 hours? It sat on the shelf in the camera dept under the bright lights or in a closet without climate control? [stirthepothal.gif]

We could turn it into a blind link.

0AB22AAD-2CF8-4378-89E8-3758AA60C7E6.jpeg

I’ve shipped to FedEx office as my shipping address before; no reason you can’t ship to Walgreens the same way.

Have my FedEx wine shipments ALL held at Walgreen’s. Solves a number of problems: 1) nobody at home to sign and even though the drivers know me, they wont leave them the alcohol deliveries, 2) if my wife does not see it delivered to the house, did i really buy it and 3) Walgreen’s open and accessible much later than the FedEx depot…Walgreen’s open 24 hours but not sure I can pick-up 24/7 although I have picked up as late as 10 PM. I wish I had a similar UPS option.

Very Helpful.

Yes my issue is Chicago resident, retailer doesn’t ship to Illinois, but ships free to Indiana.

Figured I would ship over there and grab, will give it a try and report back.

Thanks

A potential problem with redirecting a shipment is introducing a delay in the delivery. I had that happen to me. I requested a redirect and FedEx for whatever reason added a day to the delivery time even though my request was made right away. And dealing with FedEx “customer service” is a waste of time. Any winery/store I’ve asked to send directly to Walgreens never had a problem with that. They just put my name on the shipment and do it c/o Walgreens.

Why do either?

Most of this is about accepting delivery at Walgreens.

Illinois doesn’t prohibit direct shipments from wineries, it’s just that OP is dealing with a winery that apparently hasn’t jumped through the hoops. So he’s not evading a prohibition.

So if OP is willing to tolerate the extremely small risk that Illinois is going to track him down for importation of beverages from Indiana, seems that’s up to him.

This is my preferred method.

So, timing is everything. I was having a package redirected to a local Walgreens. This morning the driver delivered it to a Quest Diagnostics site by mistake. I called FedEx to get it fixed, and the package is no longer at Quest. It’s gone!

Anyone have any good/bad/indifferent experiences dropping off packages at Walgreen’s to ship via FedEx?