VIOLIN--WILLAMETTE VALLEY-- 2021 Pinot and Chard

Good Day to all of you watching and playing! A big thanks to Todd and all the folks who help organize this event. We did not have offers for BD 13 and are excited to be back and with our 2021 Vintage wines–just bottled on Monday

To say we’re happy with the vintage would be understatement. For an “early” year with times of robust warmth in the growing season, our goal was all about capturing a sense freshness in the vintage. By my palate, I think this was accomplished

These offers include four of our smallest scale bottlings of the vintage

See below for more details about the wines, and pricing for six and twelve packs. All pricing INCLUDES shipping. However, we will gladly take off an additional 10% of the purchase price for any customers who can pick up from us directly, either in McMinnville or at the winery in Amity.

ORDERING Please ping us on here regardless of what you choose to do!!

-Email us directly with your shipping address and a phone number, and I will simply email you back a secure invoice to pay online. (If you don’t hear back within 20 minutes or so, it’s possible you ended up in SPAM. Just reach out on Berserkers!

will@violinwine.com

-I’m happy to take phone calls @ 971-241-7316

-Click on ORDER FORM and follow instructions .

Our plan is to ship wine as appropriate between February and April, but please advise with specific timing instructions should you have them.

Thanks so much for your interest in our wines

Saline City Reprise

2021 Chardonnay Trifecta: Willamette Valley, Sojeau Vineyard, Black Walnut Vineyard

Willamette Valley Chardonnay ($35 Retail): Includes a single barrel from the young vines at the top of Witness Tree Vineyard, making this blend from three different sites, all planted in volcanic soils. The 5 barrels of Black Walnut Vineyard give this wine its base, and with the addition of two barrels of Sojeau make this just under 200 total cases produced. Fermented and aged on lees in 228 liter barrels before finishing in stainless steel from mid September until bottling on January 23rd. Perfumey orchard fruits and white flowers dominate the nose before showing candied citrus notes. Dense core and rounded attack integrate the rather lively acid profile. Best we’ve done to date. 190 cases 13.2% alcohol

Black Walnut Vineyard ($65 Retail): This blend is built around a 500L puncheon that was filled directly from pressing with no settling of juice, balanced by two 228L barrels, one new. This site handles the wood beautifully, with mouthwatering acids back to front, supporting the more exotic fruit tones we’ve come to expect from this three clone medley at 900 feet; the “bullseye” of the Dundee Hills (above Maresh). Aged on lees in cooperage until mid September, and finished in stainless steel until bottling on the 23rd of January, 2023. 75 cases 13.0% alcohol

Sojeau Vineyard Chardonnay ($65 Retail): The rocky, lower block of Sojeau has delivered a beauty in 2021, with the power and concentration evident in the aromatic strength and textural drive. Also built around an almost new 500L puncheon that was filled directly with no settling from the press. Mineral and mildly electric with a bright mix of floral and lemon zest balancing the savory and salty elements. Aged on lees until mid September, finished in stainless steel until bottling on January 23rd 2023. 75 cases 13.2% alcohol

Saline City Sixer (two of each): Retail plus shipping= $380-$400

Offer Closed Thank you!

Saline City Dozen (four of each) Retail plus shipping=$730-$780

Offer Closed Thank you!

The Fifty Casers

2021 Pinot noir Trifecta: Willamette Valley, Justice Vineyard, First Man Vineyard

Willamette Valley Pinot noir ($35 Retail): A wine that could legally/technically carry the Eola-Amity Hills appellation, with only around 4.5% from First Man Vineyard in the North Valley. Fresh and bright, the poised and focused frame leads toward a satin and spiced finish. The finesse is striking. Biggest component is from the high elevation Koosah Farm, but also includes Sojeau Vineyard, Sylvia’s Vineyard, Witness Tree Vineyard, and the Easternmost block of Temperance Hill Vineyard called “12 Rows”. Aged on lees in 228L barrels until the second week of December ’22, allowing for nearly six weeks of time to come together in tank before bottling on January 23rd, 2023. 775 cases 13% alcohol

Justice Vineyard Pinot noir ($65 Retail): The last two years I’ve split the “DDW” block with owner/winemaker Ben Casteel of Bethel Heights, so am only able to fill four barrels, my two favorite making this cuvée of only 590 bottles. Planted in 2000 just below what is now Walter Scott Winery, the western position provides some shade and protection when most of the site stays more exposed. Normally I expect more structure in Justice, but the ’21 has a notable creaminess and balance of elements that gives it an appealing silkiness. Still darker toned and purply with bursting aromatics, but a robust earthiness brings a welcomed restraint and complexity to the profile. Assembled from barrels in mid December to rest in tank before bottling on January 23rd, 2023. 45 cases 13.4% alcohol

First Man Vineyard Pinot noir ($65 Retail): Our monopole, the 1900 vine, personal project of my friend and colleague Adam Radtke and his wife Jennifer. The Tualatin Hills AVA includes these foothills outside of Gaston, capturing cooler air at night than any of my Eola Hills counterparts. We included nearly a third as whole cluster in this ferment, filling only three barrels and choosing the best two for this bottling. The nose carries the carbonic lift we hope for, and the aging on lees for nearly 16 months helps to soften the otherwise firm casing of the wine. The sense of freshness and finesse is evident, with First Man always leaning toward a red fruit profile and a characteristic savory edge. Bottled on January 23rd, 2023. 45 cases 12.8% alcohol

Fifty Caser six pack (two of each): Retail plus shipping= $380-$400

Offer Closed Thank you!

Fifty Caser Dozen (four of each) Retail plus shipping=$730-$780

Offer Closed thank you!

2021 Sampler (two of all six wines)

Offer Closed thank you!

Dealer’s Choice Magnums: One Chard, Two Pinot, all library. Only Three sets available

Do you feel lucky? Well, do ya… Punk?

SOLDOUT--THANK YOU!

1 Like

will

In for the Dealers Choice 1.5’s - I feel lucky!

Bill

1 Like

Same. In for Dealers Choice!

3 Likes

Was this in MC yesterday

Yessir!

2 Likes

Got you down Jeff

1 Like

It was not unfortunaley. Mags are sold out

Email sent!

2 Likes

In for a sampler case! This makes my 5th new producer this year, and these wines sound like they’re right up my alley. Can’t wait to try them!

2 Likes

Hi all, I am having difficulties with my order form. I will get back to all who have placed orders that way and make sure we are dialed in.

Thank you for your understanding!

Will

1 Like

Will’s wines are great!

1 Like

Terrific wines and great fella.

Missed the mags, but in for 1 case of the Chardonnay Trifecta and 1 case of the Pinot Noir Trifecta.

Don’t miss these wines.

James

1 Like

Please type a 1 in the quantity selector of the package you would like!

Thanks

Will

Looking forward to trying these wines.
Thanks for participating in BD.

1 Like

Thank you James!

Your order came through Thomas, thanks so much!

Will

Order in. Loved the Violin at last years Post IPNC Throwdown!

1 Like

BD people, these are killer wines. Don’t sleep on it! :wine_glass:

2 Likes

True statement.

1 Like