Vins de Meditation/ Vini da Meditazione

Hi everyone,

My recent experience with the excellent Sabelli-Frisch Mission del Sol got me thinking. I’ve always liked the idea of “meditation wines”- there’s something romantic about them. But I’ve always thought of them as as concentrated, super sweet, dessert wines- Sauternes, TBA, Vin Santo, maybe even a Cognac or Armagnac.

But this late harvest Mission is dry, not super viscous, relatively light in body, but still the perfect meditation wine for me. I don’t drink this sort of stuff often, but I do enjoy an occasional solo late night moment with wine.

So I’m wondering what you all find to be your favorite meditation wines. Sweet? Dry? Curious to hear your thoughts!

Thanks,
Noah

@Noah_C - I love the idea of meditation wine! Alas, my first love is chasing pairings, and so rarely if ever have anything left for a nice late-night meditation wine.

That being said, on the rare occasions I do, it would be a dry wine that was either super complex and kept me guessing, or were off the charts / has me seeing stars good, that I just want to worship. :pray:

1 Like

Channing Daughters makes a dry, concentrated wine called Meditazione. I tend to think of meditation wines as something that are kind of the antithesis of glou-glou regardless of sugar content.

2 Likes