Vinous Reverie Wine Shop - 25% OFF all REGULARLY priced wines with discount code BD15 (code expires at midnight)

25% OFF all REGULARLY priced wines with discount code: BD15
wines ending on 94 cents do not qualify for the discount

Cannot ship to UT and MS

Click HERE to see all our wines on offer.

I would like to highlight some categories or specific wines below. Click on individual links for more details.
Burgundy
Domaine Faiveley prices are very competitive especially with today’s discount.
Faiveley, Vosne Romanee 2020
Faiveley, Les Porrets St-Georges Premier Cru Nuits-St-Georges 2019
Faiveley, Santenots Premier Cru Volnay 2019
Faiveley, Corton-Charlemagne Grand Cru 2020
Faiveley, Charmes-Chambertin Grand Cru 2018

Gaston & Pierre Ravaut mature Cortons are a treat as well.
Gaston & Pierre Ravaut, Grand Cru Corton Hautes Mourottes 1999
Gaston & Pierre Ravaut, Grand Cru Corton Bressandes 2002

I directly imported some really nice Bordeaux from 2016, 2018 and 2019 vintages. Below are some of the highlights:
Ch Haut-Batailley, Pauillac 2016
Chateau Durfort Vivens, Margaux 2016
Chateau Phelan Segur, St. Estephe 2016
Chateau Grand Corbin Despagne, Saint Emilion 2018
Chateau Tronquoy Lalande, St. Estephe 2018
Chateau Gloria, St-Julien 2019
Chateau Lynch Bages, Pauillac 2019

Below are some really nice selections both from Northern and Southern Rhone.
Julien Barge, Cuvee du Plessy Cote Rotie 2017 - 95 pts Wine Spectator
E Guigal, Chateau D’Ampuis Cote Rotie 2012 - 95 pts Wine Spectator
Delas, Domaine Des Tourettes Hermitage Rouge 2019
Jacques Lemenicier, Cornas 2021
Verzier, Empreinte St-Joseph 2020 - this is an exceptional St-Joseph.
Clos Des Papes, Chateauneuf-du-Pape 2019
Dom de la Vieille Julienne, Vieilles Vignes Chateauneuf-du-Pape 2001 - a relic. 2001 was the last vintage of Vieilles Vignes cuvee from Dom de la Vieille Julienne.
Georges Vernay, Les Chaillees de l’Enfer Condrieu 2016 - might be one of the best Condrieu’s out there.

Piedmont Treasures are always a must.
Sottimano, Basarin Barbaresco 2019 - 95 pts Wine Spectator
Giuseppe Cortese, Rabaja Barbaresco 2019 - 95 pts Wine Spectator
Marengo, Brunate Barolo 2018 - a real gem.
Vajra, Bricco delle Viole Barolo 2017

Now to my favorite, Riesling:
Domaine Zind-Humbrecht, Clos Saint Urbain Rangen De Thann Riesling 2017 - outside of Trimbach’s Clos Ste Hune, this might be the best Riesling from Alsace.
Max Ferdinand Richter’s Rieslings are probably the best value out of Mosel:
Max Ferdinand Richter, Riesling Veldenzer Elisenberg Spatlese 2016 - 95 pts Wine Advocate
Max Ferdinand Richter, Riesling Graacher Himmelreich Kabinett 2017
Max Ferdinand Richter, Riesling Brauneberger Juffer Sonnenuhr Grosses Gewachs 2020

David Lett (aka Papa Pinot) of Eyrie Vineyards put Oregon Pinot Noir on the map. And Eyrie’s single vineyard Pinot Noirs are pretty awesome.
Eyrie, Daphne Vineyard Pinot Noir Dundee Hills 2019
Eyrie, Roland Green Vineyard Pinot Noir Dundee Hills 2019
Eyrie, Outcrop Vineyard Pinot Noir Dundee Hills 2019
Eyrie, “Estate - Sisters Vineyard” Pinot Noir Dundee Hills 2019

Plus some treasure trove of California wine gems below:
Martinelli, Zio Tony Ranch Chardonnay Russian River 2020
Domaine Della, Pinot Noir Russian River 2019
Last Light Wine Company, Derbyshire Vineyard Pinot Noir San Luis Obispo County 2019 - Derbyshire vineyard is located in San Simeon, it abuts Hearst Castle and is the closest vineyard to the Pacific Ocean to be commercially farmed.
Failla, Occidental Ridge Vineyard Pinot Noir 2021 - 97 pts Jeb Dunnuck

South Africa has some of the oldest vines in the world (especially Chenin Blanc) and a handful of masterful producers.
David & Nadia, Hoe-Steen Chenin Blanc Swartland 2018
Alheit, Cartology Bush Vines Western Cape 2020
Sadie Family, Treinspoor Swartland 2021

The most efficient way is to ORDER ONLINE but if you have questions, please reach out to me (Igor ) at the shop (925-464-5320 ) or at igor@vinousreverie.com .
Stock levels listed on the website are accurate, however due to the high number of orders and walk in sales, there may be a rare scenario where a wine is not available. If there is an issue with your order, we will let you know and resolve it before shipping it out.

Shipments will begin next week unless you indicate otherwise.
All comments and/or shipping/pickup directions can be left in the COMMENTS section during the CHECKOUT process.

If you would like to subscribe to our newsletter where we show our weekly deals, tasting schedule and new additions to stock. Please click on the link HERE

Who are we?
Vinous Reverie is THE wine shop for the adventurous wine drinker. My name is Igor and I am the owner and founder. I quit my corporate job to open a wine shop that features a unique, critically acclaimed, and adventurous collection of wines from around the world. While my shop has many classic wines (there are Napa Cabernets, Bordeaux, and Burgundies), its true gems are to be found among its many international selections. I have a variety of highly rated Rieslings - German, Alsatian, and Australian. There’s also an eclectic selection of Indigenous Italian varieties as well as sparkling wines from unusual places like Sicily, Pfalz and Tasmania. My store offers a highly curated experience with unique and acclaimed wines at very competitive price points. I have critic reviews noted and my website is set up to make wine shopping easy and less confusing. I’m pleased to say that many local sommeliers shop at my store – if you want to expand your wine palate, I think my shop is ideal for that.

3 Likes

Purchased last year and was delighted with the geeky selection, fast shipping and great service. I’m off to browse! :slight_smile:

Thank you. I really appreciate it.
I hope you’ll see something intriguing again.

Order in! Got some Chablis, Faiveley, the Petit & Bajan Obsidienne (tried last year :two_hearts:), an Armeninan wine, a Slovenian SV, a sparkling Tokaji, and Cremant de Savoie. So excited! :100:

1 Like

Thank you Astrid.

A great combination of geeky stuff and classics. I hope you will enjoy them. They are on the way.
Have a great day.

2 Likes

So glad to see Igor back! Last year, I was fascinated by his store’s offerings - and wanting to expand my Riesling experience but unsure where to start. I sent Igor a note, set a price I could handle and asked if he could help – and at the end of a crazy long Berserker Day, he selected 6 bottles for me that offered a wonderful range – and the total came in way under my limit. A totally true Berserker experience all the way around.

Buy from Igor with confidence!

1 Like

Thank you Christina for all the assistance and positive feedback.
I’m glad Rieslings hit the spot.
Berserker experience - this is what this is all about.

Have a great Berserkers Day #15!!!

1 Like

Can you ship to PA? I’ve found that most CA-based retailers cannot so want to double check before placing an order

1 Like

Hi Adam,

Yes, I can ship to PA.
I use 3rd party that goes through FedEx

Have a nice day.

1 Like

@AstridKG Thank you so much for your order! Did you receive it already?

Igor, can we pick up locally?

1 Like

Absolutely, we are located in Walnut Creek, CA and you can select local pickup when you check out. Cheers!

3 Likes

There is some great stuff in here folks!

For those local to the SF Bay Area, Vinous Reverie hosts wine tastings every Saturday 1-4pm and on Thursday, February 8th we have a very special Burgundy tasting from 6-8pm.

Tickets available here: Domaine Faiveley Burgundy Tasting Tickets - Vinous Reverie

1 Like

Thanks for the vote of confidence @Pietro_B we think so too! :star_struck:

Order in - some great stuff in there!

1 Like

Had to buy a mixed case of some mostly really unusual stuff. Really happy to discover you folks as I generally play mostly in odd varieties and lesser know appellations these days. Good for you guys stocking adventurous options.

2 Likes

@Mark_E Thanks so much for your order!

@JeffEmery we love the unique varieties and lesser known appellations! Thanks for your order. You definitely picked some fun stuff.