Vinfillment Customer Service (lack thereof)

I am really tired of the lack of customer service these days. This is a typical example of an email exchange… I edited out the individuals name - as the point is not to be personal…

-----Original Message-----
To: vws <vws@aol.com>
Sent: Tue, Nov 22, 2011 9:53 am
Subject: Winery Order Shipment Confirmation

Future Shipment Confirmation
Dear Virgil Smaltz,
Your wine order from has been processed. To view scheduled shipment and delivery dates, please click on the tracking number(s) below.

Your order is scheduled to ship from our temperature controlled facility on Monday, November 28, 2011, after the Thanksgiving Holiday. The tracking number provided will be trackable via FedEx.com on the evening of Monday, November 28, 2011.

Order Number:29897

Ship Via: FedEx Home Delivery®

Ship To:
Geneva NY 14456
US

Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2011 12:03 PM
To: customerservice
Subject: Re: Winery Order Shipment Confirmation Order Number:29897

I am going to be out of town on 12/2 and 12/3 so would be unable to accept delivery. Can this be delayed to ship later in the week or the next Monday?

----Original Message-----
To: VWS <vws@aol.com>; customerservice <customerservice@vinfillment.com>
Sent: Tue, Nov 22, 2011 10:08 am
Subject: RE: Winery Order Shipment Confirmation Order Number:29897
Mr. Smaltz,

Due to the heat spike last week, and the holidays this week, the winery asked that we hold these shipments until Monday, Nov 28th. This order is set to ship Ground, which means it will take between 5-7 days. Please let us know if you need anything further.

Best,
xxxxxxxxxxx

Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2011 12:12 PM
To: XXXX@vinfillment.com>
Subject: Re: Winery Order Shipment Confirmation Order Number:xxxxx

Hi - I will not be able to accept delivery if this is shipped the 28th - it would arrive on 12/3 (based on prior history) and I will not be in the country to accept. Can this be delayed to ship either 12/5 or even 12/1?

-----Original Message-----
To: VWS <vws@aol.com>
Sent: Tue, Nov 22, 2011 10:14 am
Subject: RE: Winery Order Shipment Confirmation Order Number:

Mr. Smaltz,

It would arrive, most likely on Dec 5th. And they will attempt 3 times.
Thank you,

Best,
XXXXXXX

Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2011
To: XXXX@vinfillment.com>

Is there some reason you are not listening to me? Fedex Home doesn’t deliver on Sunday/Monday. From prior experience, meaning I have just received an order from Vinfillment that was shipped on Monday - and it arrived on Saturday and another one was sent on Monday and arrived Saturday, but since we were not aware that it was coming, we were not home and it was delayed until the next Tuesday. I would prefer that my wine not sit in a warehouse on Sunday and Monday.

To: VWS <vws@aol.com>
Dr. Smaltz,

Unfortunately these orders have been packages and pelletized. I cannot pull the order. I was meant to imply that the wine will be delivered during your time line that you would be at home. Please let me know if there is anything else you would like me to do? Perhaps have the package rerouted to another address. My apologies for your obvious frustration.

Best,
XXXXXX

The wine maker attempted to intervene - but I told him to forget it - since it had already been pelletized (I’m praying that it’s palletized as I really don’t want pellets… [snort.gif] )…

[soap.gif] deadhorse

Mmmmm…Bedrock pellets…