Veleta Gourmet Offer

I think it does, but it’s a personal preference thing. I like the floors of the fresher EVOO.

Re: Juan, in medicine they say the best surprise, is no surprise! He was having a lot of rib / chest pain that we got checked out. Hoping it was not clot related… it wasn’t. He took a dive for the ping pong ball almost 3 weeks ago and the pain ended up being a broken rib. No, he’s not that competitive against me, I think he reached for the ball and he got off balance. He landed with his arm below his 6th rib and fractured it. All confirmed by CT. I’m ready for medical calm…

Nola. My best to Juan. Time to order up some more Veleta!

I need some of that Riserva Jamon! (Now purchased) I have to buy my new vintage of Veleta EVOO every year.

I really wish both of you the very best.

Oh dear. Glad it was not so serious! Hang in there.

Ordered a jamonero and put it together. How exactly does it work once the Jamon arrives lol? Also will the jamons be shipped before thanksgiving? Excited to receive it :slight_smile:

As far as the Jamonero i will send you directions. If you have any doubts I can call you too. I’m working with the transport and logistics company. I have every intention to ship before Thanksgiving. I’ll keep you posted.

Nola - one more question, how long is the manchego good if it stays unopened? Sorry to hear about Juan’s latest mishap!

It will last for at least a year or so packaged like it is. IIRC it has a best if used by date on it, but cheese only improves with age, so hope that helps. Juan says, Thanks for your well wishes and as far as the cheese you can also open it up cut it into some chunks (4 pieces) put it in a jar and cover it with Veleta extra-virgin olive oil and it’ll be equally as good for an indefinite period of time.

Finally began carving the jamon we got from Nola. Great quality, customer service was first rate. Nola if you and Juan make it to Columbus look me up would love to meet you. Thanks for everything and best wishes for you and your family this holiday season

Bob

You JUST started on it?!?! Mine’s almost done! Ha.

yeah it took too long for me. My wife wanted to wait until the kids got home for thanksgiving. It was driving me crazy to look at it in the cellar and not bust it open

Bob

We JUST finished our second Jamón of that batch! Grand Reservas are in US customs and I’m hoping they get their USDA release this coming week!!

Just opened my jamon as well - it was a big hit with the family!

Thanks Nola for the update. Looking forward to trying the jamon.

I just opened my Gran Riserva Jamon and let it sit for 24 hours. The flavors are SO good. Thanks Nola. This was worth the wait! Now to get my slicing technique refined.

Reordered sardines and tuna cans for the holidays!

Thank you Nola! Hope Juan is feeling better these days.

Ordering some sardines.

So, what wine do you pair with sardines?

Quivet McGah SB and a nice loaf of bread.

Veleta Vijiriega and a nice bar of crusty bread!! :stuck_out_tongue: