Vague wine requests

So I’m guessing she thinks that the wine she drinks is yellow wine?

“I need a nice Napa Valley Chardonnay for about $9-10.”

Great, tell me when you find one. [rolleyes.gif]

"“I need a nice Napa Valley Chardonnay for about $9-10.”

Great, tell me when you find one. "

I’m guessing around July if things keep going the way they are…

Roberto,

Then add $4-5 for shipping to the EC. I don’t we’ll ever see one out here again.

The thing that gets me is (in abbreviated form, with poetic license):

“Hi, do you happen to carry (insert plonk wine name)?”

“Sorry, no we don’t carry that, but we have some other wines that have the same profile and are in the that same price range, if you’d like I’d be happy to…”

“WHAT?!? how can you NOT carry (insert plonk wine name) it is the BEST. THE BEST wine EVER! Why don’t you carry it?”

“Well, California has over 3000 wineries so it can be tough to carry everything, I’m sure we have something that will fit the bill though if you just…”

“I just had the (insert plonk wine name) and now that is is the only wine I’ll drink, did I tell you it was the BEST. You guys should really carry it. I can’t believe you DON’T have it!”

[blink.gif]

Well, Taylor, why DON’T you have it?

When you get it, let me know - I’m in for a case, since it’s the best wine ever, and the only wine I drink.

This does not fall into the category of a vague wine request, but today I had a customer who came into our shop for the first time and asked, “Is there a limit on how much wine I can buy?”

I just wanted to kiss him. [cheers.gif]

“What wine goes with vodka?”

[dontknow.gif]

Yesterday I had two women from MPLS (who could have been extras from Fargo the movie) and one of them wanted “That Californian white wine that is the house wine at that Italian restaurant in Las Vegas”…

Tobin James?

Possible answer: “Yes, our current inventory is 4,382 bottles . . . but we can do futures!”

So did you?

How much did he buy?

Yesterday two nice Soccer Mom types from Minnesota wanted “That California wine that’s the house wine at that Italian place in Vegas…”

It might overwhelm the vodka.
[heat.gif]

So did you?

How much did he buy?

He emptied out the shelves on a few wines he was interested in. Yay! He lives in SD, heard about our store. Did not kiss him, but his enthusiasm of discovering the store was great. Have noticed customers getting a little more spendy after tax season.