UPS/FedEx

Similar. My Bedrock made it to Chicago last night, then said it was loaded onto truck with expected delivery of Saturday. Now says Monday. But keep in mind, there are different levels of FedEx - home, ground, package. My guess is the shipper didn’t pay for a service that will deliver on a Saturday.

That said, just about every delivery, regardless of carrier, has consistently been one day late over the past few weeks.

Same here re FedEx. It’s just weird. I had one scheduled for Friday, but based on it’s lack of progress it was clear that it wouldn’t get here by Friday. Finally, I think on Thursday, they updated it to Saturday and this seemed to match its progress. Checked again yesterday (Friday) and it still showed Saturday, and adequate progress. Checked this morning, and Saturday had changed to Monday but the status was “on truck for delivery.” This has happened before, and the “on truck for delivery” message always seems to be the correct one rather than the delivery date at the top, so I fully expect to get this one today (Saturday). What it is in their algorithm that causes it to correctly project a Saturday delivery on Friday, but then to change that projection to Monday once the package is loaded on the final delivery truck on Saturday morning is simply baffling.

Then again, how they can pull all of this off as well as they do (despite all these hiccups) is baffling to me, too…

Edit - there went the FedEx truck, down my street, so it should be here in 5 minutes when the truck comes back up. If I’d have known that typing these posts had such power, I’d have started longer ago!

Just checked my latest tracking and I’ve got the same thing “scheduled delivery Monday” but also shows right below “on vehicle for delivery today”. Guess I’ll find out.

Yep, mine just arrived and this is a first - about half of the box surface is wet and smells like a newly-cleaned bathroom. My driver explained that a box of cleaning supplies that was on top of it sprung a leak…

Contents were all dry, though.

Certainly could have been worse…
[wow.gif]

My Bedrock, scheduled for Saturday, changed to Monday, just unexpectedly arrived!

Bedrock scheduled for Friday.
Changed to Saturday.
Changed to Monday.
Arrived today, Saturday.

Forgot to mention, but for the first time in a long time, the delivery man asked for my name, AND he actually made me sign!

Any time you have a FedEx package scheduled for Saturday and then on Saturday morning it changes to Monday, check the detailed status. Seems like almost every time that happens, the detailed status will show “on FedEx vehicle for delivery” and then the package will in fact arrive on Saturday. Strange but true.

Yup, came today.

And UPS just delivered my Grasl glasses

Mine too. So delicate!

And if you give meeeee …

(well, at least wine, anyway)
FedEx.png

It’s funny how a 10 year old thread on fuel surcharges added to shipping costs becomes a “my package did/did not show up on time” thread. rolleyes

And the theme continues. Maybe I’ll pick up a Tonapah somewhere along the way, but I don’t think Tuscon is ever on the route for me, so I won’t be able to complete the collection.
FedEx2.png
In other bizarre FedEx software news, here’s a new twist. I had several packages shipped Monday from California, which in normal times means Friday delivery. One actually made it yesterday. The rest eventually updated the “scheduled” delivery date to Saturday somewhere along the way as they fell behind schedule. If the past glitch continued, all of those would have gone from saying “scheduled delivery Saturday” on Friday to saying “scheduled delivery Monday” on Saturday morning (today) but also with a status of “on FedEx vehicle for delivery” and actual delivery taking place today. The good news for their software folks is that the first one I looked at actually still says “scheduled deliver Saturday” along with a status of “on FedEx vehicle for delivery,” indicating that maybe the glitch has been fixed. But then I clicked on the next one and the glitch hit it, as it changed overnight to “scheduled delivery Monday” despite the status of “on FedEx vehicle for delivery.” In fact all but the one are erroneously showing Monday despite being out for delivery. So whatever is causing this bizarre glitch continues, but it’s also weird enough that it’s now happening most but not all of the time, which seems weird to me for something running on ones and zeroes, but what do I know? [scratch.gif]

Yeah FedEx has been a mess lately. Overall I had found them to be outperforming UPS throughout the pandemic, but the last month or so, everything with FedEx takes 3-4 days longer than usual. Usually i can get stuff from the east coast to Seattle in one week door to door via ground but in the last month or so it’s been 10-14 days for ground. Luckily weather is still cool enough that it doesn’t really matter.

I do need to compliment my ups driver. Last week my rivers Marie pinots were arriving and we were away. He rang our Ring doorbell, told him we were not there via the App, but that I could open the garage remotely and close it. Opened the garage, he put the boxes in it, then I closed the garage. Talked to him today about it and said that will work for other deliveries if we are not around.

I loathe FedEx.

I have a shipment coming via FedEx. A week or so ago it got packaged, tendered, and was on its way. Last update was somewhere in California. Initially said a Saturday delivery, but then that changed to Friday, although nothing changed in regards as to where the wine was. Thursday I get the automated message from FedEx it was coming the next day (Friday) and a 21+ adult needed to sign. No other location update. Friday morning, get another call from FedEx to expect it that day, still no location update. My expectations were REALLY low. Finally towards the end of the day, it makes it to Chicago. Of course it doesn’t arrive. So now I’m thinking it sits for the weekend. Then I get a message it was coming Saturday when we were not home, so I reroute it to the nearby Walgreens. Since then, the status has gone from Saturday at Walgreens, to Monday, back to Saturday, then Sunday, and back to Monday. At least it says on the truck for delivery, which it never delivered. So Monday it’s out for delivery to Walgreens, then suddenly late in the day the status changes to Pending. Now it’s Tuesday, and still Pending.

I loathe FedEx.

I loathe FedEx

So still Pending. Called them up. Apparently, they needed to confirm the address of a FedEx drop location that is one of the options on FedEx drop down list. So FedEx needed to confirm the address of FedEx. We were supposed to have been notified and asked to confirm a FedEx address. Even though it says it’s “on the vehicle out for delivery,” it is not. And it is not at the local FedEx facility. Not really sure where the wine is. But it is now a Priority to be delivered tomorrow.

I loathe FedEx

I would go to the FedEx location you designated. I have had several instances where it was dropped off at the location but somehow wasn’t scanned or the scan didn’t register. So the status remains “on the truck for delivery.