Upcoming Scarecrow Release

Thats great Tony especially in 2015 when it seems yields all through Napa were down. Just curious what date they said you could order. The first wave is already open and each 6 or 7 days looks like another wave.

Huh, 3 years for me and nothing so far. Just the usual update your account teaser emails.

I was part of the very small Napa Valley group invited to gather around the dining table at the JJ Cohn Victorian in December 2005 to blind taste the un-released Scarecrow premiere vintage 2003 against the elite wines in the valley and determine a realistic release price. That first release price was right for the time, however I have felt for a number of years that they were in the position to align their release prices with others and be done with it. Bumping the price every year just gets them on the the front page of a new topic every 12 months. I also don’t understand the magnum premium unless etched. It has been a couple years since i have tasted it with Celia so I am a bit out of the loop.

I believe the magnum is etched but justifying 4.2x the price of a standard bottle is hard to justify for myself.

I left my mag on the table

so did i this year…i bought into '13 and '14 mags and i don’t even know why i did that… price of '13 mag was $1200 and '14 was same as this year at $1500

Does an offer typically go out to the waitlist after previous buyer shave had their chance?

second wave and should be 3+1

March 14th

Got my invite via mail today to purchase 3 bottles on 14 Mar. Was about a three year wait for me. Have been enjoying the M Etain over the last 3 years and look forward to trying Scarecrow.

I received an offer for three bottles today. Now I need to weigh a three bottle purchase vs. a case purchase of something else. Maybe some 2013 Brunello. Hmm.

finally on the list after a 4 year wait

Gladstone will buy them from you for a nice profit so you can get a case and a half of something else.

Just as another datapoint, I got my first offer today after about 2.5 years (November 2015). However, I think in the intervening time, I’ve lost my appetite at the price point so I’ll probably pass.

It was at least a 3 year wait for me. 2010 or there abouts.

Hmm, I may have to look into that option.

Went on the waitlist May 2015. Got my first offer in the mail yesterday for 3 pack ($350 per bottle) but no mag.

Congrats!

I decided I might as well go to hell with both feet and my son really likes it. I think I have been buying since 2005, which was the good old days at $150 a bottle.

I’ve been on the list since 4/4/15 and got my letter for a 3-bottle allocation like most everyone else. My first available date is 3/14, what are the chances that I’ll be able to score some? I wasn’t sure how quick it sold out.