Ultramarine release is open

Full case to the east coast was $70. High but a third party shipper is probably taking a cut.

A 40 pound box through UPS is not cheap to ship no matter who is doing it.

Hard to find on the east coast anywhere, so I’ll think of the shipping as a premium to be able to guarantee myself a bottle or two.

Just wanted to chime in quickly. First off, we couldn’t be more thankful for the response today. It’s really beyond anything we could have expected. Second, regarding shipping, unfortunately sparkling glass is extremely heavy. On top of it, we’ve switched to a custom shipper specifically for this bottle. Finally, we do still have to subsidize shipping price. We’re trying the best we can to be fair to all.

We’re knee deep in harvest now, but insofar as I can, I’m happy to help with any concerns and am really excited about you all getting to try these wines.

offer came today. Took my allocation 2 each of the Blanc de Noirs and BdB.

Missed my offer e-mailing but it was re-sent and I got my 3+3 of the sparklers. Would have preferred a rosé instead of the still offering, but happy with theses smile inducing wines.

Good luck on harvest and look forward to your wines.

Michael, what were the factors that played into not making the rose this year? If production increases for future vintages, do you envision making a rose and a blanc de noir?

Looking forward to trying these.

Thanks for trying them!

It’s a long story, but in 2012 and 2013 we’ll only have the BdN. In 2014 and beyond we’ll likely have both, but the rosé will be an assemblage rather than rosé. Truthfully, I think that the BdN is the best expression of Charlie’s Pinot Noir and it took us a few vintages to figure that out. And then figuring out the pressing and everything else. Everything about this has been a very slow learning curve. champagne.gif

Thanks for the info!

Anybody going to the release party? What’s it like?

Mine are scheduled to arrive after leaving last Friday via UPS ground. California to Minnesota. What’s the over under these have exploded in the cold along the way? It’s been getting down to single digits lately around here… should have had the foresight to ask them to hold off on shipping.

Yikes…best of luck.

Mine should get here in DC tomorrow. I think it should be ok, unless it took a North Dakota route.

Mine was delayed in Oakland, then popped up in UPS today, set to hold at the local facility

“Due to operating conditions, your package may be delayed.” Sigh…

Honestly, if wineries can’t get their wine out BEFORE December, they should just hold until Spring. With the Holidays, more than half of all UPS/FedEX packages take an extra day or two, sometimes leaving large trailers unpacked, out in the freezing cold all weekend (happened to me last year and the wine froze pushing out all the corks).

Got mine today. Bottle temp (laser thermometer) was just over 45 deg F. No pushed cork on the still pinot and the sparklers seemed in fine shape

It’s just confusing cause it left CA on monday I believe and it was scheduled to arrive today up till last night. Then this morning is when the status changed to delayed. Very confusing.

Mine made it safe and sound!