Ultramarine release is open

managed to grab 2 each of the sparkler. Could only wishlist the still wine, but didnt try.

I was a touch annoyed at $40 shipping on 4 bottles.

Thanks for the info! came out of a meeting to see the offer e-mail. did 3/3/1 which was my allocation and wishlisted an additional pinot noir. Seeing as I haven’t even touched the case of last year’s release, I figured I’ll stick with what Michael offered me :slight_smile:

One of the releases that I really look forward to each year!

Took two of each sparkling.

I had been waiting for these for a while and finally got on the email list. Only took 2 of the BdB though.

What time did you get the ordering link? Think I’m having some problems with my email filter…

I got it about an hour ago.

Got mine about an hour ago as well. As it is my first time, I decided to skip the BdN… hopefully I made the right choice.

Eric,
I thought shipping was high too. I contacted them and it looks like there is a flat shipping charge of $40 for 1-6 bottles to the east coast.

First offer for me - figured I’d jump in and buy what I could (2/2 plus wish list of 2/2/2) will be very curious to give these a try. Are these meant to be opened soon after release or do they need a couple years in the cellar to show their best?

Or the Midwest apparently. It almost made me think twice as $65 is getting up there for a domestic sparkler, but I’ve been looking forward to trying them.

The '10 and '11 definitely are energetic, most folks only got a 6 pack for the 10’s and they consumed them quickly but I got a case so I was able to hold a few because i think their only going to get better. I think the '11s need a little more time in the bottle to settle. Based on the Michael’s notes on this release, i’m thinking its going to be similar to the initial release where they’ll give enjoyment now.

In for one of each of the sparklings

First timer - went for 2 of the bdb and wish-listed the still (which sounds interesting).

Excited to try these wines!

Not cool.

I have enjoyed the '11s, but I can get Pierre Péters BdB for less. It’s pushing the boundaries of reason when you add in the shipping costs.

Since when was reason supposed to be part of the wine purchasing process? [tease.gif]

Well logic be damned, because my wife wanted it. Order in.

Shipping definitely tweaked me too…was going to grab 3-4 bottles but a flat $40 is really a deterrent…

Aren’t those bottles on the heavy side??

The one thing I will say about shipping is that if the wine was $60 or $65 with free shipping people would be falling all over themselves about free shipping.

You pay either way folks.