Ultramarine in the house!

I too would like to hear some feedback on this.

Still no email. Anyone know the actual release date?

Michael Cruse posted on instagram that he was sending out the release letter on Friday, Sept. 4 – but I haven’t seen anything yet (although somehow I got the 9th stuck in my head, so maybe there was mention of that elsewhere).

I saw that same thing Alicia. I shot a quick not over to Michael and got a really nice response that they have just been so busy with harvest that the email never got sent out as planned. He’s going to try and get it out tomorrow if at all possible.

There is nothing else like these wines in California. They are unique, very distinct wines that I find to lean towards the austere side; they are very dry, tart, and quite mineral driven. It is not a style I enjoy all that much as I find the wines to not have the balance I look for, but a lot of folks love them.

They remind me quite a bit of where a number of popular small producers in Champagne were going a few years ago in that the wines seem to be ruled by acidity and dryness in a search for the naked expression of minerality that a parcel gives; fruit is an afterthought.

The potential is certainly there, but I didn’t enjoy the first releases all that much. As for the folks in Champagne who went down this path, most have pulled back a bit, upped the dosage a few grams and allowed more fruit to come through. I think this has resulted in much better and more balanced wines. Ultramarine may certainly follow this same path and they are worth watching. I admire the vision and effort they put in and will continue to support their releases to see where things go over multiple years.

I agree with this assessment. A touch more sugar would be lovely, but it drinks so well with greasy fried food as it is. Burgers, pork belly, fried chicken! Trying to hold on to that last bottle of rosé. I am also waiting for my 1st taste of the Under the Wire bottling.

Aha! I almost wrote in my last post if harvest is to blame for delay! Thanks for getting the updated info! [cheers.gif]

Popped one of the BdB bottles I bought from Crush a few months ago. Just terrific. Had signed up for the list so hopefully will receive a shot to buy direct. Would love to try the Rose.

Just received the offer. I’m not seeing the link.

Jeremy

It says to place an order by replying to the email.

I replied already.

Thanks. I’m a dumbass.

J

Well, you’re the dumbass that alerted me to the release email. So thank you! Email sent and 6-pack requested!

In too. Love these bubbles!

Ordered. I’m pretty excited about these.

Ordered. What do you think is meant by

It is also worth noting that this is the last year that we will make a saignée rosé from Heintz vineyard.

?

Does that mean they’ll still make a rose from Heintz, but it won’t be saignee? Does it mean they won’t make a rose at all from Heintz anymore? Will there be a rose from another vineyard? I think I saw there was a BDN coming in one of the vintages, I wonder if that’s a replacement of sorts.

I replied a couple hours after I got the note. Hoping I responded in time. This would be my first time trying these wines, but they sound like a good fit for my palate.

Order in. Does the offer include shipping? I wasn’t on the list for the 2010s.

shipping was $30 on the 2010’s

Thanks!