U.S. Importers of Hofgut Falkenstein

Thanks, Richard. The demand is worldwide, but North America is an important market. (We also have four different importers in Canada.)

In NYC, Chambers Street Wines and Leon & Son offered 2021 Palm.

1 Like

My guess is that the '21s are, for the most part, sold out in the States.

The '22s should be shipped by June.

2 Likes

Great news: AHD Vintners/i-lixir Beverage will directly import Hofgut Falkenstein to Metro Detroit and other parts of Michigan starting this year.

2 Likes

I don’t know if they do private offers, but Red&White in Chicago carries Falkenstein when they get it in and will carry a good amount of the range.

4 Likes

Robert Houde Wines selected the entire range of the 2022 vintage.

3 Likes

We also plan to allocate a few cases to the Twin Cities via New France Wine Co.

There would then be a dozen distributors directly importing to the States.

1 Like

Long shot, but any idea of specific stores that may carry Falkenstein in Missouri or Kansas (ideally Kansas City)? I’m assuming I need to find it online, but worth a query!

1 Like

Unfortunately, we don’t have a distributor in Missouri or Kansas. You might want to ask @Brian_S_t_o_t_t_e_r, who lives in Kansas City and buys Falkenstein, for tips on where to find the wines online.

4 Likes

I’m in St. Louis. @B_Beachy I buy from mostly east cost retail shops like others here.

2 Likes

Oh, sorry, I forgot that you were in St. Louis. It was a long day. We picked Pinot Blanc.

2 Likes

All good! Same state.

1 Like

Earlier this month, a purveyor in Connecticut approached me about a direct import. We will offer him the 2023s.

3 Likes

For those who are still waiting on the 2022s, the wines will soon be released by Robert Houde Wines and MFW Wine Co.

2 Likes

@Lars_Carlberg Im assuming not, but do you have anyone bringing the wines into Georgia?

1 Like

Unfortunately, we don’t have a distributor in Georgia.

1 Like

NC is the closest.

1 Like

Any retailers that ship?

1 Like

Yes there’s 2 or 3 in NC. Everybody ships.

2 Likes

As far as I know, the 2022s will be released by Robert Houde Wines on November 17. My guess is that MFW will release the 2022s at around the same time, or shortly thereafter.

Leon & Son Wine, Flatiron Wines, and Chambers Street Wines are a few NYC retailers who should have stock by the end of the month.

1 Like

You might want to check Wine Searcher, which lists various retailers such as E & R Wine Shop and Thatcher’s Wine who sell the 2022s.

1 Like