Two wine tastings in Nuit St Georges

Visited Faiveley and Gouges. The surprises were how much I liked the Faiveley tour and Gouges tastings. Another surprise was the two fires that delayed my train ride three plus hours and counting






New font on the HG (non LSG) bottles? When did that change happen

Gouges looks so slick.

Tell us more about your experience and what you tasted.

1 Like

Les St Georges was if course fantastic but too young to be properly enjoyed. The wine i liked that hadn’t tried was the Clos des Porrets. I got earth and hummus notes along with tree bark and nice fruit and chalk minerality. Ill probably search out older vintages. A 2023 is simply too young.

Pruliers is still my sweet spot. Les St Georges has simply become too expensive

Used to be the most common TN descriptor for Gouges.

The wines were from 2021-2023. I mean just about any premise cru needs a decade or more

I’m guessing the Rodin was a reproduction? Was there any connection between it and the winery or did they just like the statue?

An original owned by the family.

The original is a marble at the Rodin museum in Paris. This may be one of the bronze recastings, though it is not one of the main ones usually mentioned.