Turley allocations still meager

That was my original issue. 6 cases twice a year, a bottle every other week…

Um, I think Lewis did the math: 6 cases twice a year = 144 bottles divided by 52 weeks = 2.8 bottles per week or about a bottle every other day (not week). Not that that is a bad thing!

Bill

Hmmm, very interesting. Thanks for gettin’ back, Poppy.

As for Turley, I’d be a low-level buyer of their wines if it weren’t for their obnoxious bottles, as I really enjoy a couple of their wines; it’s too bad image is more important to them than customer service.

Yup, Turley overload for sure.

I have been on the list for 10+ years. My allocation hit a peak of probably around 3 cases. I only bought about half as I had way too much and it has been decreasing for a while now. I used to get a case of OV now I get 4 bottles probably 16-18 bottles across the entire mailer. I don’t buy the $75 Haynes anymore as I don’t think they are worth it. So the total number of bottles works out ok for me.

George

I also think that is interesting and that the conclusion is probably spot-on. Because one doesn’t usually see these at retail at anything resembling release prices.

Back to allocations, I think I am on my fifth or sixth vintage buying direct, I generally buy full allocations. (And as I have previously bemoaned, in 2010 I had big wish-list orders with both releases and I got just about everything for which I asked - oops.) With that as the perspective, my allocation was only up to 18 total bottles on this release (but I cut the order to 12, in the spirit of austerity). Two cases a year from them is probably just about right - I do enjoy opening these fairly often.

Two cases per year of Turley. Now we know how your taste in pinot noir developed. neener

LOL.

It’s funny that I had to fight to resist the urge to note on the Austin thread that I wouldn’t trust the food recommendations of someone who liked 07 OPN!

I know you are (at least half) kidding, and I was into OPN way before I started drinking these, but I love the Turley Zins for that big, jammy quality that I tend to want in a Zin. I might not want my Pinots or Cabs tasting like this, but I love these things. Cocktail wines.

I was offered a total of 30 bottles. Taking none of it. (Done with New World).

My experience is you get most to all of your wish list wines and in a year or two allocations go up.

That would have been funny, but The Salt Lick is still mediocre. neener

Turley is the first list I got on back about 14 years ago. Loved the wines for many years, but as the popular refrain goes, tastes change. Gradually reduced purchases and along with that came reduced allocations. With the change to web orders, I was able to basically ignore the allocations and order what I wanted. Generally speaking I was able to get what I wish-listed with the exception of the highly allocated wines that I never saw even in my hay-day of buying: Zin Estate, Vineyard 101, etc. Finally, starting with last fall’s offer I’ve dropped off the list. I did receive a 10 bottle allocation this spring but I expect that to be my last as I will pass this also. Just today I sent off the last of my Turley zinfandel’s for auction although I’m keeping my pet’s as I do enjoy them. If by chance I am offered any in the fall I probably will take them. As for zins though, I’m happy with my Carlisle and Bedrock allocations and Ridge “off the shelf” purchases.