Trying To Understand Palates on This Board . .

There tends to be tendencies between how you drink your coffee and the types of wines you ‘prefer’. It is not an ‘absolute’ but works pretty well.

Please provide a single answer below - and don’t think too much about it.

Cheers!

• I prefer my hot coffee black with nothing else in it
  • I prefer my hot coffee black but will occasionally drink it with milk/creamer and sugar as a treat
  • I prefer my coffee black with sugar only
  • I prefer my coffee with milk/creamer and will not drink my coffee without anything in it.
  • I do not drink coffee but drink dark teas without any milk in them
  • I do not drink coffee but drink only ‘lighter’ teas - herbals, etc
  • I do not drink coffee or tea but drink lots of coke/diet coke

0 voters

1 Like

I typically drink my coffee with a splash of half and half and no sugar, or a tiny bit of sugar, like a 1/4 tsp. Black coffee sucks. Sweet coffee is gross.

1 Like

Yeah, tough poll, as you’d have to cover quite a few in there.

None outline the ability to select:

Some milk/cream and sweetener
A lot of milk/cream and sweetener
etc

I’m cream and honey, one teaspoon each in a large 20oz cup

3 Likes

I drink all kind of coffee. But I prefer either filter coffee (black) made from light roasted beans and water that’s cooled a bit before being poured or a double espresso shot with steamed milk like a flat white.

But like my wines, i just overall prefer coffee made from proper quality (quality beans).

3 Likes

Almost never drink coffee black, or straight espresso. I’ll drink anything from a macchiato to latte, with gibralter being my go-to coffee prep.

2 Likes

I drink my coffee with whole fat milk (one liter of coffee/day in one sitting), and I drink my black and green teas without anything added (three liters/day from morning to evening).

2 Likes

I know this poll is touch - and people can be as ‘tricky’ about their coffee or even moreso than they are about their wines but it’s a start.

If you need a bit of creamer in your coffee but can drink it black, then state black. If you NEED creamer or milk, then state as such.

If you need sweetener in your coffee - sugar or honey - but no milk, you can state ‘black’ as well

Cheers

I don’t drink coffee, tea, or soda.

3 Likes

Because you don’t like the taste or? And have you ever drank coffee in the past?

Cheers

2 Likes

If it’s bad coffee, I’ll add some cream (sometimes), but good beans are best black for me. If we’re talking English breakfast tea, I can only enjoy it with cream/milk but don’t have often. I’d never think to add dairy to really good quality loose leaf.

1 Like

I try my best to only drink water, but I like my coffee light and a lil sweet. I usually go with a French Vanilla creamer :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I don’t like the taste or smell of coffee, although I sometimes like the note in wine and have enjoyed coffee rubbed steaks. I don’t mind tea, but it doesn’t do a ton for me (although, I do prefer the taste of fruity iced tea). I stoped drinking sode because of it’s so unhealthy and I can no longer really tolerate the taste/feel.

You know this makes less sense than questions about wine preferences.

1 Like

Espresso, no sugar. That’s pretty much the entirety of coffee in my life.

3 Likes

Like others above, there was no answer for me. I don’t drink coffee or tea. I will drink soda on rare occasions.

2 Likes

When I drink coffee, it’s with a splash of nonfat

1 Like

You expect a bunch of wine geeks that think too much about their wine not to overthink about coffee? :rofl:

I selected I prefer my hot coffee black but will occasionally drink it with milk/creamer and sugar as a treat

It really depends so much on how the coffee is made. I use a super-automatic espresso machine at home, not because it makes good espresso (in fact it sucks for that), but it makes great 5oz pours when paired with the style of beans I like. That is mostly consumed black. But every now and then if I get a batch of beans that is too acidic, I’ll use a bit of cream.

For pourovers I often find I need some cream in it.

Coffee shop coffee from places like Dunkin Donuts, I want some sugar and cream in it - otherwise it just lacks flavor.

1 Like

I drink Espresso with sugar, but I also enjoy Cappucino, which necessitates steamed milk. One size might not fit all.

1 Like

I"ll usually drink drip coffee black and that’s my preferred but sometimes as a sweet treat I’ll add milk/cream and sugar. I don’t really enjoy lighter, fruity, floral roasts. If I have a latte or preferably a flat white I don’t add sugar. On the other hand I like my espresso quite sweet but don’t do them very often.

I enjoy a nice cup of malty english breakfast tea, strong with milk.

I"ll also occasionally have an instant coffee as well. I don’t consider that coffee, more a malt beverage like Milo and that is always sweet and milky. Very common in the middle east where it’s not called a coffee but often a nescafe.

Pourover coffee with half n half and a piece of 90% dark chocolate.

2 Likes